Getting closer!

I've finished the base itself, added more muddy/bloody/pools of water and then attached the Unarmored Champion to the base itself.

post-7987-0-62459100-1408321000_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-10094000-1408321002_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-61282800-1408321003_thumb.jpg

I also took Dontfear's advice for the Armored Champions colors and the cloak made from snow leopard fur.

post-7987-0-23764300-1408321007.jpg

My reference picture for the patterns/colors of the leopard. 

post-7987-0-78759500-1408321004_thumb.jpg

post-7987-0-82767900-1408321005_thumb.jpg

Working on the last finishing touches of this guy which include the hair (going to be dirty blonde), skulls and bones, and then hit him will a dull coat and attach him to the base itself.

• Like 12
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fixed a spot on the back of the right hand bracer and added the two axes.           Here's the Armored Hordesman, I've attached his spiked mace.        Now I'm having some problems thi

I actually changed up the recipe a bit as I felt it was too lightly colored for what I wanted after I started applying paint.   Here's what it looks like now.   Colors used: Ruddy Brown, Intense B

To stay within the new Forum rules/guidelines for WIP threads, I'm starting this one up for a vignette I'm working on as part of a RBG contest sponsored by Tre Manor on another forum.   These are ma

Posted Images

Really liking the look of this.

Will there other objects on the base?  Snow?  A dropped weapon or piece of damaged armor?  A rock or other natural objects?

While it looks perfects fine as is it seems a little empty...it could change with the other champion attached.

• Like 1

Really liking the look of this.

Will there other objects on the base?  Snow?  A dropped weapon or piece of damaged armor?  A rock or other natural objects?

While it looks perfects fine as is it seems a little empty...it could change with the other champion attached.

I was actually thinking a dropped weapon or two off to the sides of the champions.  I have a few loose weapons laying around in my bits box.

I'm also hoping that when the 2nd champion is mounted it will look a lot better to everyone. I think I'm just about ready to add him onto the base right now actually. I just did all of the fiddly bits I mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure I like how his hair turned out... looking at it a bit more and might touch it up.

ETA:

THANKS JAY !!

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 3

I do really like that muddy bloody mess.  Looks awesome.  I think I would have added some "straw" into the pumice paste on top with some tree roots and some bigger rocks and junk.  However, it looks awesome.  a couple of things thrown on there for interest and I think it will be fine.

• Like 2

I put down a couple of weapons as a test run, didn't like them, they were too big for the scene. I grabbed a couple of real rocks that I thought looked interesting and added them to the scene to either side, I'm also going to add some realistic water to them to make them look wet/shiny not sure about the straw or roots as in my mind it's a pretty wide open battle field good for a fight between two large armies and these two are going to decide the battle once and for all as they are the champions.

• Like 3

Okay, I'm all done with them. Everything is attached and the rocks are still wet (and will look wet when done anyhow, so I'm going to put up a show-off thread for them right now). I will edit this post with the URL of the show-off thread after I get it up.

Thank you to everyone who has followed along on this journey of the two champions and thank you everyone for your advice, comments, and critiques during the entire process. I ended up pretty happy with how it turned out.

Show-off thread here

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4