77090, 77033, 77030: Trio of Rangers

fanguad

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, this takes me back - my Dad didn't really teach me how to paint figures, he just gave me access to his paints, brushes and figures and said 'Have at it!'

One of the few hobbies that my brother and I shared growing up : )

• Like 1

Never got my father to teach me much in painting.  He was a HO "collector".  Learned most of my early painting by trial and error.  Gave both my sons the basics, but neither of them show much interest, go figure.

Nice work for the first time.  My father comes over 2-3 times a year and I always get this look of "how do you have the patience".  I love it when you can teach something back and make it fun for everyone!

That's a wonderful opportunity you had in sharing your hobby with your parents and a find memory for you to look back on. I envy you that. ::):

I remember when I was young and I would sit with my parents as they would assemble HO scale buildings together and do very simple paint jobs on the people. I was never allowed to help as they felt I was too young... But I think they enjoyed doing that work together.

There's no doubt that's where at least some of my love for the miniatures hobby came from.

• Like 2

My folks were artists, but painted on canvas, something I was not capable of. Although they did try to teach me.  How lovely that you could introduce them to the hobby this way. Mayhaps you've brought new people into the hobby!

Nicely done btw.

They won't be picking up the hobby (they both already have things they enjoy), but they had fun trying out a new thing.  They didn't realize just how small the miniatures were, and as you can see my dad didn't want to screw up what he'd already accomplished on the face by trying to paint eyes (at arm's length, the shadow from the hood hides the unpainted eyes).

• Like 1