Dr. J. 40K Project (Split from Last Hurrah')

Thanks for the kind reply, chaoshead.

After working on a lot of Mordheim pieces, the ruins seem somehow more natural than the intact buildings...this might also arise from my house keeping skills.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND the tanks are done...OH BABY!           AND the Group Portrait:   That wraps up the Bunkers & Tower. I Googled the photos to Himself. The reaction was VERY enthusiastic AND

After some down time, I have two of the Man-Made pieces primed & ready for some color. The top section on the soda can tank is by ArmorCast; the rest is miscellaneous junk:       I'm not s

The first, & possibly the last three bunkers are done...OH BABY (the normal just-released-from-Hell reaction/feeling I get whenever a commission piece is completed)! AND here are some almost adequ

Posted Images

Hey Baby, love the direction you're going in here. Very gritty and dirty looking, which brings a different "feel" to what you've been doing.  That green ooze is most spectacular!

Thanks, Love. I'm glad you like it, AND I'm DELIGHTED you're back on the forum again...I can take the candle out of the window now.

Ooze is my Thing...in a manner of speaking. The practice will pay dividends when I get back to my own thing. I've been stocking up on inspiration. Once the 40K stuff is done I fully intend to go crazy with strange new pieces.

• Like 1

Yes, rumours of my death are highly exaggerated as I seem to be alive and well.  I saw the candle burning, but you know I think I could find you even in the darkest of nights my dear one.

Very much looking forward to seeing you reach new levels of crazy and strangeness :0)

• Like 3

Hi malefactus;

Great change of pace...just checked your posting expecting more of your great out of this world fantasy...only to find that you have gone sci-fi on me! As with the fantasy project, you have created some outstanding sci-fi terrain pieces.

I really like your executions of the varied tanks...and your green ooze is out of sight...extremely well executed.

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 3

Yes, rumours of my death are highly exaggerated as I seem to be alive and well.  I saw the candle burning, but you know I think I could find you even in the darkest of nights my dear one.

Very much looking forward to seeing you reach new levels of crazy and strangeness :0)

I can't imagine the World without you or what it was like before I met you.

As to the craziness, you can count om moi.

Nice work, those are some nice pieces that will make great cover to cower behind while the plan goes completely to hell! They are also somehow very evocative of 1990's White Dwarf, which is a fond memory for me.

Thanks for the reply, smokingwreakage! The '90s & right up to the early years of this century W.Ds were very cool mags. The high point of my month at one time was the arrival of a new issue in my P.O.Box.

Hi malefactus;

Great change of pace...just checked your posting expecting more of your great out of this world fantasy...only to find that you have gone sci-fi on me! As with the fantasy project, you have created some outstanding sci-fi terrain pieces.

I really like your executions of the varied tanks...and your green ooze is out of sight...extremely well executed.

Paul (Catdancer)

Thanks, Paul...glad you are enjoying the latest stuff.

Doing pieces for other folks does give me the chance to try things that I wouldn't otherwise have done....not having to worry about storage is another plus. The two most popular parts of the pieces for Dr. J. seem to be the opening mechanism for the hatches & the ooze; both were fun to do...I love it when it works out that way.

• Like 1

AND the tanks are done...OH BABY!

post-4409-0-32781200-1404851743_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-16928400-1404851854_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-08113700-1404851931_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-45286600-1404852025_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-71668900-1404852085_thumb.jpg

AND the Group Portrait:

post-4409-0-12265000-1404852168_thumb.jpg

That wraps up the Bunkers & Tower. I Googled the photos to Himself. The reaction was VERY enthusiastic AND more broken tanks, rust, & ooze were requested. However, tomorrow I'll post the first photos of a NEW W.I.P. creation for The Project. In the interim, feel free to add your comments...or not.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 17

Thanks, Anne. The dark background for some reason conjures up images in my mind of the first Riddick move Pitch Black.

There is a ground swell request for MORE OOZE building. I have a couple ideas for some further broken tanks & maybe some possessed pieces...Dr. J. is getting into Nurgle the 40K Disease Guy. The ooze is also good practice for some of the Goblin concoctions.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been fun, but I am rather hoping this will be The Last Busted Bunker of Slime. I hope the novelty hasn't worn off for you:

post-4409-0-35083400-1406597168_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-51873700-1406597212_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-52029400-1406597251_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-40160800-1406597275_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-36066500-1406597330_thumb.jpg

post-4409-0-40326600-1406597380_thumb.jpg

There now that wasn't so bad. You might have noticed a bit of gore was added to this one.

As always your kind comments would be appreciated...possibly cherished.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 10