Dr. J. 40K Project (Split from Last Hurrah')

Thanks, Darkmeer...glad you like it!

I also shy away from the gore drenched look. Horrifying, chilling, eerie, that sort of thing does not equate with disgusting. A somewhat subtler method gets those effects over better. Just leave it to the imagination & the results are much more powerful than any amount of splattered blood & gore.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND the tanks are done...OH BABY!           AND the Group Portrait:   That wraps up the Bunkers & Tower. I Googled the photos to Himself. The reaction was VERY enthusiastic AND

After some down time, I have two of the Man-Made pieces primed & ready for some color. The top section on the soda can tank is by ArmorCast; the rest is miscellaneous junk:       I'm not s

The first, & possibly the last three bunkers are done...OH BABY (the normal just-released-from-Hell reaction/feeling I get whenever a commission piece is completed)! AND here are some almost adequ

Posted Images

Dr. J has requested YET MORE terrain pieces for this project. SO over the next few weeks there should be some Orkish style pieces to go along with the more mundane stuff. My Last Hurrah Project will keep pace & each of these threads can feed off each other's ideas...I hope. If you're into this sort of thing, keep an eye out for updates...suggestions would be welcome.

• Like 2

It's very encouraging to see these fairly simple pieces work out so nicely. I have some sci-fi terrain to work on someday soon... when uni is done for the semester... and will be drawing encouragement from seeing an accomplished scenery builder making simple wargaming pieces that still look good!

• Like 1

Thanks, Anne! I got the idea for the steam punk doors from doing the hatch mechanisms for the bunkers; doing the Urban Blight board has given me a couple of ideas for the Ork pieces. Good ideas are always welcome & they do tend to form other ideas some of which may be good...the bad ones can be fun though. At any rate, I hope to keep you interested.

• 2 years later...

On 7/28/2014 at 9:52 PM, Darkmeer said:

I'm not a big one for gore on minis.  I'm a bit odd that way.  This piece of terrain tells a little story, and I like this.  It works and it's not overpowering.  Good work!

Thanks for the reply, Steve. I don't care for the gore drenched look myself. SO I am delighted you like the slime spill.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Missed this the first time.

Looks great, and the slime spill is awesome!

Thanks, X! This thread disappeared for awhile, only to reemerge when I was asked for examples of Post Apocalypse terrain...it's kind of that.

I have a thing for slime. I am glad you like the effect.

Dr. J has recently gotten back into 40K. I am half expecting a request for new terrain pieces...we'll see.

• Like 4
  • 2 years later...
On 7/18/2017 at 7:51 PM, malefactus said:

Thanks, X! This thread disappeared for awhile, only to reemerge when I was asked for examples of Post Apocalypse terrain...it's kind of that.

I have a thing for slime. I am glad you like the effect.

Dr. J has recently gotten back into 40K. I am half expecting a request for new terrain pieces...we'll see.

As for slime effects,. check out Greenstuffworld.

I have the clear stuff used for water, there is now a lime fluor look for toxic waste/slime etc.

image.png.6a53e221503e7fbfff3cd41378054772.png

• Like 2