My Baby Has Left Me

Dr.Bedlam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing you guys talk about it makes me want to try reading the Amber series again. So far the only Zelazny book I've cared for was A Night in Lonesome October.

You can get all ten books in a single volume these days.

• Like 2

Zelazny wrote LOTS of good stuff; I rather liked Bring Me The Head Of Prince Charming. Hell, even his cheesy little nuclear postapocalypse novel, Damnation Alley, was really quite good, for an "After The End" story.

Not the movie. The movie stank, but has improved with age, as a gawdawful Seventies rubber monster movie. But the book was quite good.

The Amber books may well have been his masterpiece.

• Like 2

You might be right; I felt like his stuff got a little bizarre in the late sixties, and didn't quite make it back on track until the early eighties, when he started doing stuff for George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards anthologies. But his earlier and later stuff was really quite good.

Got up this morning. Let dogs out. Fed the menagerie.

Mmm. Chili for breakfast. Does not go well with coffee. Don't care.

By this rate, I will have ceased to wear clothes entirely and forgotten how to speak English by the end of the week....

• Like 5

Well, it is Wednesday, so you're doing pretty well so far. Talk to the animals to stay in practice, or read forum posts aloud. I can't think of anything to help with the clothing issue, though; perhaps turn the AC down to the point of hypothermia?

• Like 3