I think this is okay under current rules, didn't want to do a thread per mini.

Here's Pandoras crew all primed and based on some cork:-

c85NSO.jpg

Next I basecoated their skin, since they're all ghosts (I think) and I needed 1 colour to tie them all together, I used Vampiric Shadow on all of them:-

Dientb.jpg

MkQuOD.jpg

And then I basecoated the smoky, twisty lower halves of the Poltergeist and the Woes with a 3:1 mix of Vallejo Hexed Lichen/Nightmare Black:-

898NXF.jpg

I also meant to paint the strand of smoke from Pandoras Box of Mystery the same colour, but I forgot.

• Like 18

They are some nice looking models. How does the [baby] tie in with them?

Ditto.

Also, your paint application is SMOOTH! What do you do to apply the paint so smoothly?

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow, are these gorgeous !

I have NO IDEA where you get your mini's but honestly;

these are so fantastic, they are exiting, and so dynamic, motion filled,

they make me smile just looking at them UN-painted.

I can't want to see what you do with them !

Jay

• Like 1

They are some nice looking models. How does the bay tie in with them?

I don't really know. I'd like to read up on Malifauxs background, but not enough to spend £80+ on OOP rulebooks.

On his stat card he (and the little girl) are listed as Woes too, so I assume they're also spirits from Pandoras Box, but can disguise themselves to catch people when their guard is down.

They are some nice looking models. How does the [baby] tie in with them?

Ditto.

Also, your paint application is SMOOTH! What do you do to apply the paint so smoothly?

Nothing special, it's just thinned down and applied in several layers.

• Like 1

In summary the Neverborn (this crew represents some of them) are the native inhabitants of Malifaux, which is linked to Earth through a portal known as the Breach.

Some Neverborn have no real appearance - such as the Poltergeist and the Sorrows, however some take on the appearance of Humans, such as Pandora, Candy and Baby Kade. They are not spirits, they are flesh and blood, however it is probably safe to say that they take on the appearance to lure them into a false sense of security - there is a lot more in the current rulebook (and in the older editions), and some of it can be found on the Wyrd Games website as well.

This isn't a crew that interests me personally, but I do like the way you are painting them.

• Like 1

In summary the Neverborn (this crew represents some of them) are the native inhabitants of Malifaux, which is linked to Earth through a portal known as the Breach.

Some Neverborn have no real appearance - such as the Poltergeist and the Sorrows, however some take on the appearance of Humans, such as Pandora, Candy and Baby Kade. They are not spirits, they are flesh and blood, however it is probably safe to say that they take on the appearance to lure them into a false sense of security - there is a lot more in the current rulebook (and in the older editions), and some of it can be found on the Wyrd Games website as well.

This isn't a crew that interests me personally, but I do like the way you are painting them.

Thanks for the clarification! Good to know I was sort of on the right track!

Like I said, I'd love to get into the background a bit more, but I'd much rather spend that sort of money on some more crew boxes than a load of old rulebooks.

Hopefully they come out with that back story complication book they've mentioned, one day.

Did some work on the ghosts.

Went through the rest of the Vampiric Skin triad on their skin. Unfortunately once they dried there was very little difference between the colours:-

3kE7XL.jpg

Since I needed to shade down their purple bits with some Black Wash, I thought I'd try glazing it on their flesh, see if it would add some contrast:-

QMtM1g.jpg

It worked somewhat, but I'm still not very good at glazing so now I need to tidy up all that blotchiness :down:

• Like 7

These are difficult models to paint and I think you're doing well with them. I had a problem with the Vampric Skin triad. There just wasn't enough contrast between layers so I did the same thing as you. Used a black glaze then worked back up.  Once you clean it up I think it will be fine.

• Like 1

The V.1 Malifaux rulebooks are now available in PDF for $7 each if you were interested (link can be found in the latest news on the Wyrd homepage).

The ghosts are looking good - my experience with Wyrd's plastic is that they don't have the depth of detail as the metals do, so not easy to paint!

• Like 1

The V.1 Malifaux rulebooks are now available in PDF for $7 each if you were interested (link can be found in the latest news on the Wyrd homepage).

The ghosts are looking good - my experience with Wyrd's plastic is that they don't have the depth of detail as the metals do, so not easy to paint!

Yay! Thanks for the info, off to download them now.