Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Here's another one!
The Chimeric Aberration is something I was inspired to build after reading about Chimeric Creature in D&D Monster Manual 2. In the book, they give the example of a Chimeric ankheg which has the head and front legs of and ankheg with a goat and a white dragon head.
I'm calling my monster a Chimeric Aberration, because it doesn't have the traits of a goat and a chromatic dragon which are normally present on a Chimeric Creature. Instead, my chaotic hybrid will be the result of a mad wizard experiment that went terribly wrong. It will have the main features of a Giant Hound, a Deadborn Vulture head will stretch out from the right side of the monster and an Hulking Insect head will sit on the left side.
My plan is to use a 02817 Moor Hound for the main body. Then, I will use both heads from 03069, Hooked Hulk witch are included in 03440 Creature Components pack 2 along with 14456 Mastema’s tail included in 03334 Creature Components. I will also use 03641 Gunslinger’s wings to add another characteristic of the Vulture. I’ve considered larger wings like those of 02065 Greycloud the Pegasus and maybe 02729 Mephisto’s wings would have been even more appropriate but I don‘t have them at hand. I may swap some of its paw for claw and/or palmed foot as well.
For the colors, I thought of painting the main body green like a Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore. The additional head will have traditional vulture and insect colors. Voilà, It should be charming.
Hello everyone, here are some pictures of a 02126, Arachno-Assassin sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I had this damaged mini for a long time and I decided to replace its upper left hand falchion for a sword from the 02455, Weapons pack IV. It was a very fun and easy model to paint. I intend to use it as a "boss" in a major encounter, so I painted it in red to increase the focus on it and point out how dangerous it is. The bluish bladed sword will be magical, maybe even cursed.
Hello everyone, here's what I painted last week, a Skeleton Horde by Games Workshop / Citadel Miniatures from 1986. I mounted them on 25mm base and converted a few of them. I used remaining parts from other minis and changed some shields, skulls and weapons. I also printed two army trays to be able to move them more easily and change their arrangement on the game table. There's 16 skeletons in total and I intend to use them during future D&D games.
More pictures under the spoiler (64 pictures).
Would you like to know more?
Got another one down for the weekend.
This time paying special attention to the face and eyes. @Inarahmentioned to me to lighten things up a little. So, I took her advice. I think it turned out for the best!
* Taking way more time around the face this time and really putting a lot of work into leveling up the color step by step with really thin paint worked well. VMC Burnt Red and VMC Flat Flesh was a good blend together. I think in the face, I could have added a bit more fare skin, but hey, he's a barbarian. He's not going for a "best skin" award, he's going for best raging out award.
* The bone, leather, fur was a really fun combination to work on. I kept things pretty simple and the variation between all of them were pretty complementary.
* Again using the zenithal highlight really helped features stand out and give me a good starting point.
* Stages: Skin, then leather elements, then accessories, then weapons. The working method inside to out went great.
* I really like the way the scabbard came out, but I kind of thing it was supposed to be straight up and down and not off to the side, but I hate when it's up and down because it'd be impossible to get the sword out of. However, the downside is the scabbard has NO detail behind it and it's jutting out, which Ididn't think about when I glued it in place. Wah wah.
* Free hand on the handle. I added the little black/brown element on the sword handle. I am pretty happy with that. I think it's a nice slight add.
* Loin cloth was a deep red I was trying to lighten up. I used a light grey, didn't work. Then I tried white - pink? Do you think a barbarian is going to wear pink? "I reckon' you get your broccoli kicked for wearing something like that." In thinking about it I could have pushed it to orange for the highlight. Doh!
* Eyes - I did them better this time, to @Inarah's point, but I didn't have enough room to get much else in there. I was also at a points where I knew if I tried to fix it, it was only going to get worse, so I called it where it was. Meh.
* Sword - just a basic steel. I tried to use a black wash on the bottom side of the blade to give it shading, but you really can't see it on the photo. It's nothing special, and again, I wish it was more...anything. It's pretty basic.
I'm reallllly looking forward to putting a base on this one. Needs to be something epic, so this will be a special one. I'm very, very happy with how this turned out and feel it's a good spot to stop for the weekend. Yay!
As always - open to feedback and would love your thoughts.
Who's Online 25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)