[SPLIT] Bones 2 Pre-Shipping Excitement

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trials today went very well. Only 3 of us were putting the system through its paces but we did a hair more than our projections suggested we would.

Then we sat down, looked for problem spots, and spent another two hours making a few changes which will shave a few seconds off each order, and 15-30 minutes off each restock between waves.

Tomorrow I'm going back in. Unsure if I'll be pulling more orders or setting up workstations for other people, likely the latter, so that our packing and shipping people have supplies and space.

Monday morning though, that's the fun bit. 25 people working full-bore on Wave 1. No more trials. No more adjustments. Just sheer volume of work!

The minis are coming!  The minis are coming!

• Like 9

Looks like specifically, it refers to comparisons with Nazis and/or Hitler. "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" to quote the Wikipedia entry on the subject, which also references Godwin's later writings "Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust..."

So, I would argue that "the Email Nazi says no email for you!" and Florin's joking reponse wouldn't really count as a Godwin.

But I'm also a bit pedantic, especially when I'm standing a midnight watch. As you can probably tell by the fact that I'm debating internet rules in a thread dedicated to everyone getting Boned. :lol:

• Like 10

So, I would argue that "the Email Nazi says no email for you!" and Florin's joking reponse wouldn't really count as a Godwin.

I saw it as being a direct reference to Seinfeld.

You want a real Godwin? "If Hitler painted Bones in the 30s and 40s, he wouldn't have time for the Holocaust*. Hence Bones bring world peace."

* Unless he was a commentator on Kickstarter. There are always some nasty people in the comment sections. Therefore commentators are Nazis.

Well that went downhill fast. I think I just called myself a Nazi. :down:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4