Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

new Others teaser

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By izzylobo
      So as I've been getting back into the swing of painting more frequently (as opposed to occasionally dabbling), I've been mucking about with some of these new-fangled teknologies you crazy kids have been inventing (Why, in my day, we painted with Testor's and we liked it, by gum!).

One thing I got my hands on was a jar of Army Painter's Quickshade - the soft tone, and I figured I'd see how it works. I've been working on a couple of the Reaper Bones trolls (bought specifically to test primed vs. unprimed painting), and an old Chainmail minotaur skeleton that were both close to complete (or so I thought. So, I opened up the can, and away we go!

Thing One and Thing Two got blooped right into the can, using a pair of bent-nose pliers I have for such purposes. Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere in this apartment to really shake the minis off - I was using the cover from a stack of CD-Roms as a shake hood, but the results were less than awesome. I tried brushing some of the quickshade off, but...

I actually really like the way Thing One's plague boil ended up - it's really creepy and icky looking, and I decided to leave it glossy and wet-looking. Other than that, however, it's definitely way too much quickshade on too many parts of the mini, in both cases - although not quite as bad as I first thought.

So, learning my lesson (I hope?) on Mervin the Minotaur, I used a brush and tried to brush on the quickshade instead - with, I think, much better performance, although if I'd known how much it was going to stain the existing topcoat, I likely would have been more aggressive with my use of ghost white?

I've decided they are, basically, almost done - I want to do some touch up on Thing One's base (where the quickshade apparently lifted up some of the not-quite-as-dry-as-I-thought paint?) and some general touch up and maybe a little extra highlighting and drybrushing on Mervin. But these have both gotten two coats of Reaper brush-on sealant, and are pretty much good for tabletop, I guess?
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)