Sign in to follow this  
Dan Goodchild

Miniature Central

I saw this via Tabletop Gaming News and thought it would be of interest here.

The database feature looks especially useful.

https://www.miniaturecentral.com/

I was going to put this in Reaper General since Reaper if featured prominently on their front page but I thought I'd start it off here to be on the safe side.

Mods: if you feel there is a better place for this, please don't hesitate to move it.

• Like 2

Hmmm, an online 'spreadsheet' of my figures would be delightful. Plus, a place to trade and build a reputation would also be nice.

Will they let people like me sell figures?

• Like 1

Hey there, I'm Dan, the guy behind Miniature Central. It's great to see the word spreading through the awesome Reaper family! If you have any questions I'm down to answer them.

To answer Adrift, there is a cash element in trading you can use, but we're likely to expand to full selling before too long!

Edited by Hymn
  • Like 4

I found you guys by winning a contest held by Miniature Central.  We recently uncovered my D&D collection after the move into our new home, and decided to play a game.  Even had the guy who taught me the game 33 years ago as the DM.  My 11 year old was excited about it so we went to all my old gaming haunts to buy him a mini.  I was shocked that nobody even carried miniatures.  It was all Magic the Gathering!  I started looking online, Amazon and so forth.  The lands were berift of minis.  I despaired.  It was FaceBook that held a glimmer of hope.  I subscribed to Miniature Central.  They are mostly a mini trading site, but I entered a contest.  I won.  I had a choice of some fabulous prizes, one being a $100 credit to another site.  All I really wanted was a nice mini for my son for his very first character.  Lo and behold, those worthies linked me here and said, "Pick one, it shall be yours.".  I was overwhelmed and just said I needed a 1/2 elf male wizard.  I'd leave it to them as they were far more qualified to pick.  Heck, I was getting a free mini for my son to hold dear!  Amazingly, they picked three for my son, a Ranger for myself, and a Thief for my lovely wife.  We went from using my three decades old pewter, to astonishingly crafted works of art by Reaper.  I want to thank you guys for something we will use and cherish.

• Like 14

33 years ago, EVERY game shop carried minis. On the other hand, 33 years ago, a lot of those minis weren't as good as what you find now. But yeah, I have been disappointed by many game shops that don't understand that I might want something other than Magic cards, Settlers of Catan, or the latest Munchkin expansion.

Welcome to the forums! I might also point out the Miniatures Finder on the Store page; it's durn good for finding specifics like "half elf sorcerer" or "halfling belly dancer," although I'm pretty sure Reaper doesn't actually make a halfling belly dancer... 

...I think.

• Like 7

They did do a belly dancer who was a cow.

No one knows why.

• Like 1

A very interesting concept there... If I wasn't busy painting at the moment... I might actually try 'load' testing it, by entering my collection. 

I know.. it's only 20... but it's a very heavy 20.

(Zoomie, we have a running joke that no one has more than 20 unpainted minis... ever. It's a way of deluding ourselves more than anything. Because a few of us have more... ALOT more.)

• Like 3

Welcome Zoomie!

Yes... I've got 20 miniatures... They happen to be held within 3 60L plastic tubs (the unpainted ones) as well as 20 paints (and my paint rack only holds about a third of them).

And of course I have 20 more miniatures coming with Bones 2.  To make a grand total of 20 miniatures!

• Like 2