This will be my thread for my entries for the painting competition at Gateway at the end of the month. Those of you who were looking at my consolidated WIP know that I did two entries, a fantasy large and a fantasy single, for Gamex at the end of May. Gateway is part of the same convention circuit as Gamex and I plan on entering the same categories. My single entry is the Female Anti-Paladin with Sword and Shield from Darksword. This was the first miniature I got from them and I cannot wait to start on her. For now she is primed and ready to go. My large entry is Reaper's Frost Giant Jarl, Boerogg Blackrime. He is prepped and ready to as well. As some of you know I was not sure what shape base to use for him and after not being able to locate a hexagon, I went with the oval. I also decided to do a simple rock and snow base.

post-13093-0-56183500-1407120983_thumb.jpg

post-13093-0-31321800-1407121104_thumb.jpg

post-13093-0-70769700-1407121134_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Started base coating the Darksword miniature, did her eyes, and painted the base black. I have to say I love my Kolinsky spotter from Rosemary and Co, it was perfect for doing eyes.

post-13093-0-65725700-1407360028_thumb.jpg

post-13093-0-11647300-1407360123_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I like that DS figure a lot. The base is going to look fantastic, I can tell that already. Can't wait to see more of these WIPs!

• Like 1

Got most of the base coating done on the Anti-Paladin. I can see a few leather areas that need another layer or two of brown and I plan on doing the little details later. Her hair looks shiny due to the paint not being completely dry.

post-13093-0-17727200-1407549495_thumb.jpg

post-13093-0-26001800-1407549519_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

I like where this is going!

*grabs some popcorn and sits back to watch*

is that buttered popcorn...."settles in to to watch and steals some popcorn."

• Like 2

I like where this is going!

*grabs some popcorn and sits back to watch*

is that buttered popcorn...."settles in to to watch and steals some popcorn."

Better be movie theater style. *steals a piece, wipes hand on towel, and starts painting again*

Ok I have put down the first layer of metallics. What do you guys think?

post-13093-0-62474100-1407631013_thumb.jpg

post-13093-0-01855400-1407631049_thumb.jpg

I am at the point that I have reached with every miniature where I am second guessing my color choices. I know it will look better once I begin shading and highlighting, especially since her skin tone is way darker now then it will be at the end. Until then I need to keep faith that the harmonic color scheme will work.

• Like 7

I am liking the purplish metals very much..  watch the "butter" fingers though they can make a mess of any paint job!   (wipes hands on seat...see no butter)

• Like 1

I have started on the giant. I started by applying some thinned brown liner to get an idea of the details. Now I have started on the base coats but as you can see I still have some work to do.

post-13093-0-52651700-1407711012_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Base coats are done for the most part and I have started on the bone details. They have a few more layers to go and need to be cleaned up.

post-13093-0-30517600-1407965397_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this