CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS KICKSTARTER : Prelaunch Thread

CAVBOSS

The book is more human "centric" and told from our perspective. A lot of people I talked to had a hard time with looking at it from a alien take.

I get what you guys were trying to do originally, but i think this will be for the best. This was especially confusing in the 1.0 book, where i wasnt entirely sure if the adonese were actual aliens or just humans slightly altered. But I like this idea a lot.

I agree; it is incredibly hard to write well from an "alien" point of view, as the very act of writing it tends to diffuse the "alien" nature of the topic.  Almost everything winds up being anthropomorphized to some degree, at least in my experience.

• Like 1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to history/fluff... there is some changes but not horribly...you could read the CAV 1 or the JoRs and be good for the most part.

What is a JoR?

CAV Newcomer here . . . :-)

Edited by Maredudd

Has to history/fluff... there is some changes but not horribly...you could read the CAV 1 or the JoRs and be good for the most part.

What is a JoR?

CAV Newcomer here . . . :-)

...And very often found on ebay and various other game suppliers etc.

• Like 1

Just picked up JoR 1 & JoR 2 for about 10 bucks on Ebay - get 'em while the gettin's good! 

I did the same thing last year.  I also got the mini novel and CAV 2 1 just for collectible purposes.

Edited by Girot

• Reaper User

One thing I am curious about, are you going to do rules for building destruction so that you can 'remodel' maps to suit you during a game?

--Yes there is an entire Structure section in the rules to do just that!

• Like 3

One thing I am curious about, are you going to do rules for building destruction so that you can 'remodel' maps to suit you during a game?

YAY! Urban renewal at it's finest.

• Like 1

Just picked up JoR 1 & JoR 2 for about 10 bucks on Ebay - get 'em while the gettin's good!

I did the same thing last year.  I also got the mini novel and CAV 2 1 just for collectible purposes.

I didn't think CAV 2 ever went to print. At least i cant find it anywhere.

Fixed that, lol.

Any chance we can get a Table of contents? (he asks hopefully! :-) )