CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS KICKSTARTER : Prelaunch Thread

CAVBOSS

Quick question CAV-boss. Are the rules going to be similar to 2nd edition, but with some changes etc? I like 2nd edition a lot, and the RAGE works well with it. Or are you creating an entirely new game from scratch?

-- IMHO I think the CAV: SO rules are the best parts of 1st and 2nd Edition with some new spins thrown in. Past that Im going to wait to get into design specifics after you have had a chance to peruse the PDF.

So, do you want my email address to send me the PDF or will you post a link?

I would love a chance to look over the PDF too. I was accepted into the playtest group and then never heard another thing. I received a few emails requesting updates and input and everytime I responded that I had never received the PDF I never got a response. I figured the game was dead again or I was booted and that made no sense to me!  I have been a stauch supporter against all of the negativity for years. I have had a few breakdowns where I began to think it was for nothing, but now I seem to have been on the right track keeping hope.

• Like 1

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm super curious about the faction & composition rules - any chance we can get a sneak peek at which factions & UCORs get what units? 

The guys at Mil-Net put a list together a long time ago, but no idea if that's still valid.  In any event, I'd love to start organizing my metal so that it's ready to complement my plastic. 

• Like 1

I'm super curious about the faction & composition rules - any chance we can get a sneak peek at which factions & UCORs get what units?

I'm curious about the factions, as well.  I tried finding more information on the Reaper site, but the "overview" page for CAV doesn't even list the different factions, let alone any description of them.

I'm hoping the factions have some defining traits that make them play a little differently; I enjoy asymmetric gameplay and think it adds a lot of variety to a game.

There has been some retconning happening so you can check out CAV 1, JOR I & II, CAV 1.5, CAV 2 but not sure exactly where things are making the changes. JOR 1/2 are my favorites for mech technical schematics...sorry, I just can't call it fluff.

Although I do have a Koda Works Kahn painted like candy corn.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 2

I can't wait to get into my JoRs this weekend and figure out the updated scales for aircraft.  I know its a mech game but I do love my fighter jets.

Speaking of fighter jets... are those in the game space-worthy?  I see a lunar mission in the future if they are...

• Reaper User

The PDF will come out during the Kickstarter. I don't know yet if it will be on day one but it will be pretty close.

Has to history/fluff... there is some changes but not horribly...you could read the CAV 1 or the JoRs and be good for the most part.

Main "Changes"...

The Templars are a second human faction.

The book is more human "centric" and told from our perspective. A lot of people I talked to had a hard time with looking at it from a alien take.

The Galactic states are more defined, not a lot of cross-settling of worlds.

The Ritter are on their own world.

The UCORs are less emphasized. We want to focus on six factions. You can still play as a UCOR but they fall under the Other Faction list with mercs, pirates and such.

There are a lot more manufacturers and such.

That's the ones I remember off the top of my head.

• Like 4

• Reaper User

I can't wait to get into my JoRs this weekend and figure out the updated scales for aircraft.  I know its a mech game but I do love my fighter jets.

Speaking of fighter jets... are those in the game space-worthy?  I see a lunar mission in the future if they are...

-- Some are some are not. If the machine has the SA: Life Support it is capable of space (for aircraft)/underwater use (for CAVs).

• Like 1

-- Some are some are not. If the machine has the SA: Life Support it is capable of space (for aircraft)/underwater use (for CAVs).

Excellent!  This is gonna be great!

The PDF will come out during the Kickstarter. I don't know yet if it will be on day one but it will be pretty close.

Has to history/fluff... there is some changes but not horribly...you could read the CAV 1 or the JoRs and be good for the most part.

Ok, this is cool, gives us something to chew on, thanks for these sneak peaks!

The Templars are a second human faction.

I like it. Templars seemed like either a human or adonese thing. I also like the idea of other races joining them, but lets see where this goes.

The book is more human "centric" and told from our perspective. A lot of people I talked to had a hard time with looking at it from a alien take.

I get what you guys were trying to do originally, but i think this will be for the best. This was especially confusing in the 1.0 book, where i wasnt entirely sure if the adonese were actual aliens or just humans slightly altered. But I like this idea a lot.

The Galactic states are more defined, not a lot of cross-settling of worlds.

Cool. This doesnt change much for me.

The Ritter are on their own world.

Very cool. It was weird that you had 2 dominant species evolve at the same time on the same world, but i can see them being in the same star system.

The UCORs are less emphasized. We want to focus on six factions. You can still play as a UCOR but they fall under the Other Faction list with mercs, pirates and such.

Also cool.

There are a lot more manufacturers and such.

Neat. Although it never occured to me that there was a lack of manufacturers in the first place.
  • Like 1