Sign in to follow this  
neckbeard

02745: Ulern, Anti-Paladin: Neckbeard's Conversion

Alright, time to show off this guy, I started the conversion thread a while back, and have taken way too long to post finished pics. (WIP thread here BTW) This guy started off as figure 02745: Ulern, Anti-Paladin.  He was given to me by my friend/DM because he was damaged, and I was wanting to try my hand at figure conversion/modding.  Ulern here is my second conversion BTW, my first conversion was 02659: Piotr Irongale, you will find his show-off thread here.  Anyway, Ulern's weapon had long since been lost from rough handling, and I intended on using him as a fighter/paladin with a big hammer.  

Here's where I started:

IMG_20140627_152206_691.jpg

After conversion and a healthy dose of future thinned craft paints, here is the result:

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

Sprayed with a little Testors Dullcote for that no gloss shine.  What do you think?

Edited by neckbeard
  • Like 16

Love the conversion! Really clever idea. He's got a very dark look about him, which works, but in future I might bump up the contrast with a little highlighting. Just my 2c!

• Like 1

I see the squared off hammer head came out nicely... congrats.   It definitly reads like a hammer and I had to take a second look to remember it from your WIP.

:huh:

• Like 1

The figure could use a little brighter color on the cloak, or a contrasting color on the armor details. 

The hammer looks great!  It is obviously the holy symbol of either the god he serves or the god of someone he killed. 

the figure practically creates a story around itself. 

The face and eyes work too - kinda brooding. 

• Like 2

Well played sir! Looks great!

First thing I thought of when I saw this completed:

So you know that old tradition of slapping someone with a glove to challenge them to a duel? Well this guy challenges you and wins in one motion... LOL