Sign in to follow this  
neckbeard

Let's try to fix a friends mishap (zombie pirate)

Ok, Just getting a thread started to chronicle my next mod/conversion, if that's what you would call it.  A friend of mine decided that he wanted to try his hand at a little converting, and decided that he wanted to nab the feet from an elf figure that he had, and attach them to a pirate figure.  Unfortunately for him, using a woodburner to graft metal parts together is not the greatest of ideas.  One leg was completely lost and the other somehow managed to stick, however it is pretty FUBAR.  His idea, make a zombie out of it, and I said I would do the honors.  The plan is this:  Find a hand and attach it, because the pirates hands are nowhere to be found. Make a hook for one of the hands.  Convert the missing leg into a peg leg. Profit.

Anyway, here are the starting pics.

IMG_1406-1.jpg

IMG_1409-1.jpg

IMG_1408-1.jpg

IMG_1407-1.jpg

More updates to come as I get them.

• Like 5

Ouch. Oh dear. Good luck.

It does seem like one of the commonest errors beginners make with metal minis is thinking they can weld or melt them together.

I've never experimented, but wiser heads than I say thay minis are so small that the heat gets conducted very fast and is difficult to control.

I think it will make a good zombie and a great anecdote.

• Like 1

poor guy looks like he was attacked by a shark.

a zombie pirate after a shark attack...... now there is a winning theme!

• Like 6

Stick a Bones skeleton foot out of the bottom of the raised leg! Easy to obtain, easy to glue :)

(PVC models seem to take to superglue better than hard styrene ones, which IMHO makes them better candidates for Bitz when customising metal. Bones and mantic's "restic" both seem to like superglue... Bones especially. But Bones can be trimmed cut and so on very easily with a hobby knife, making them an excellent choice!)

Edited by smokingwreckage
  • Like 6