Mierce Darklands: New Kindreds

SamuraiJack

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like new tires wait for another month.

Jute infantry starter

Byzantii infantry starter

Ysian Abhorrent alternate monstrous starter

New Kindred alt sorcerers

New Kindred alt commanders

New Kindred alt generals

I only wanted 2 of the generals, the Erainn just didn't do anything for me. So I decided for £2 more to snag all three. Love the Jute, had to relax to buy only the starter. Wanted the Con I Modius set, pure splurg here. The new alt abhorrents look pretty interesting, a Seza-like female and a bigger female like the one sorcerer from the last KS, plus another couple alts I wanted.

• Like 2

My next shipment should be in january.  My last shipment had like 10 emails attached to it--6 were just quick start rules shipping announcements.

@Cash  If the mousterious mounts KS hadn't had the deal on beasts I probably would have spent around what you did but I dropped $500 or so for that one which was what I had allocated for this KS.

Not terribaly sad about it as I'm much happier with what I got from that then most of the monsters in this one.

I gave them £1 because I just got my monstrous mounts quad deals and it made me happy :D

Nothing i desperately wanted in this KS/I got too much already. I'll probably pick up bits for the standard bearer conversions etc for what I already have later on.

I really like that treeman so far. Was meh on the concept but seeing it in 3D has changed my mind.

As for Banebeasts, well we don't know for sure it's a kickstarter (but it probably is). If it was a mini KS like the mounts and all the mounts were actually finished then I don't think it would bother me but considering the Mounts are probably 6 months out (though I only got the Albiann one) that shouldn't be happening--especially after everyone has voiced their concerns about the endless KSers.

I don't have a problem with an established KSer company having more then on campaign unfulfilled at a time but now they're up to 4 with a 5th starting soon--that's odd.

That being said, I am curious on how they'll tackle some traditional monsters that Darklands won't cover.

Edited by MonkeySloth

• Members

It could also be more modifications to existing sculpts to convert them over.. the they did with the raven guy to egyptian.. could also just be for a new rulebook

I was waiting on the tree guys to see how they would turn out.  I'm liking what I am seeing, but there are still plenty to sculpt

I'm not too bothered by the Banebeast project, since Rob's not going to be running it and it's not for Darklands. My take on it is that it's more about keeping sculptors on contract without overwhelming the core business.

Roberto is taking the holidays off and is still way ahead of just about everyone else. He's a machine. I'd imagine he'll get several from the new project...which of course makes me interested in the new project...

• Like 1

Hmm, maybe it's me getting old and grumpy then. I'm just not feeling the love for Banebeasts in January, even if it isn't Darklands I'm thinking it will surely demand some resources when they still have three projects with a lot left to fulfill. But Rob has confirmed (on Dakkadakka) that they are now a "Kickstarter company" and will be shooting for a (small) KS every three months in the future (that's the pattern they've been following in 2014: First Edition II in April, Monstrous Mounts in July, New Kindreds in October). I really love the miniatures, but since this summer I've felt an increasing worry that they are just getting ahead of themselves.

• Like 4

Hmm, maybe it's me getting old and grumpy then. I'm just not feeling the love for Banebeasts in January, even if it isn't Darklands I'm thinking it will surely demand some resources when they still have three projects with a lot left to fulfill. But Rob has confirmed (on Dakkadakka) that they are now a "Kickstarter company" and will be shooting for a (small) KS every three months in the future (that's the pattern they've been following in 2014: First Edition II in April, Monstrous Mounts in July, New Kindreds in October). I really love the miniatures, but since this summer I've felt an increasing worry that they are just getting ahead of themselves.

I agree with this.

It also makes a mockery of RRPs. If they're a Kickstarter company then the market price will be what minis go for in the kickstarters, not an inflated figure to make it look like we're getting a deal.

They're good minis but the RRP thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially as Rob takes every opportunity to remind backers on how much we're saving.

• Like 4