Mierce Darklands: New Kindreds

SamuraiJack

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking I'd be relatively safe on this one until the sneak peek Rob threw out there this morning.  3 new Kindred instead of 2, and the third is the Jutes?  Mierce doing undead?  I'm doomed....

This is exactly how I felt when I saw that undead warrior too. Damn, I thought this was going to be fairly easy. Since I got my employment sorted until Christmas... maybe... just a little?
  • Like 1

• Members

What about a Sneak Peek?

Absolutely; here's something to make you fall off your chair... because we have a Jute-shaped surprise for you on Monday! Here's Sigheard, champion of the man-sized infantry Wihtgar Unit... drawn by Danny Cruz, coloured by Joe Slucher!

dc829c29e95f03073f7e8838ea1c6a67_large.j

That's it for this week people... until next week, keep it Darklands!

• Like 3

Yes.  The Jutes are their own Kindred.  So expect an infantry starter and a monstrous infantry starter later.  They have shape shifters too, but think things like beetles.

A bit of Jute background: "Amongst those invited to defend Britannia in ages past by the Romanii were the Jutes, at first glance little different from the Angelcynn or Seaxons or Friesians that joined them in the time of Henghest and Horsa. Now, in this age of darkness, the corruption of the Jutes is of black renown, for their barrows unleash the dead that knew battle long ago and their hosts embrace shape-shifters of altogether different form, forms of the mounds and the tumuli, forms of the disturbed earth and the cracked rocks. Now, the Jutes have power."

Edited by Dan d'Lyon

The other reason is that they truly do need to continue to expand the line at this point.  But I honestly think that having 10 kindred pretty well fleshed out is going to be enough for awhile.  Then it should be time to let some of these releases hit retail before amassing an even bigger backlog of finished but unavailable models.

I agree, and also hope they kind of take a break with the Kickstarters after this one. Finish the book, let the models hit retail. If they push on, with "New Kindreds II" this spring, I'll actually start to worry that they're caught up in some kind of KS spiral.

Hopefully history isn't about to repeat itself. Rob does have a history of getting in debt and going bankrupt (decent, though biased, summary of Maelstrom Games -> Mierce Miniatures (caution: strong language)). Only now, the "creditors" are Kickstarter backers.

Of course, even knowing all this, that undead concept art looks pretty sweet.

Yes, that whole Maelstrom situation was horrible.  But he really does seem to have things going alright just dealing with only his own products.  I mean, I've received literally hundreds of these models through the KS projects already. Granted, I have a bunch more still to come, but communication and service have been exceptional for the past 2 years.  It just happens to be that KS is the fastest way to get funding right now.  None of the artists, sculptors, or painters has said anything about not getting paid, and everyone that's backed has gotten their product (when completed).  My main reason for wanting the break is for my poor wallet.  :)