Jasonator

Jasonator's Mounted Noble Oak Elf.

Completed the Mounted Noble Oak Elf by Tom Meier.

This Miniature proved a lot more difficult than I anticipated.

Had to paint most of the elements separately, then glue them together.

I found balancing the colors, and keeping dark areas in control hard to do

when things aren't attached.  The camera isn't doing credit to the gray blending into

the shadows.  They're there.

So.. Here is the finished Elf.

post-12655-0-97453200-1407685764_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-75655600-1407685765_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-48645500-1407685766_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-28373800-1407685767_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-24741300-1407685768_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Another great piece from you Jay, wonderfully done. 

Ub3r_n3rd;

The above comment made me smile ear to ear !

Thank you for your support and recommendations  !

I am so indebted to the folks on this forum to be able to attempt painting such a beautiful sculpt !

I learn with each miniature, and that makes me want to take on another !

Thanks again. !

• Like 1

Ub3r_n3rd;

The above comment made me smile ear to ear !

Thank you for your support and recommendations  !

I am so indebted to the folks on this forum to be able to attempt painting such a beautiful sculpt !

I learn with each miniature, and that makes me want to take on another !

Thanks again. !

No problem my friend. You are really getting better and better with each and every figure. Your exuberance for the hobby is contagious, so keep up the wonderful work!

• Like 1

Thanks Kharsin;

Really appreciate your comment  :;):

I seem to have found that I am totally in my element when I do a 25 - 30 mm metal miniature.

I really just have a blast.

I throw in the other sizes, but my heart is with these Tom Meier pieces.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      I figured it was time to work on some Elves.  They're definitely the smallest part of my painted collection.

The first batch is all from Reaper Miniatures.  

These are the metal ones:

The Drow who snuck in (from the box of Goodwill, no less)

More from Reaper, but this time in Bones:

And the others.  Mostly Stonehaven

• By Adam Paints
      10mm Kallistra Elves I did for a commission all painted using Reaper MSP Paints.

https://youtu.be/wAFlY7PXhn4

• By joshuaslater
      These savages are on Kickstarter.  My first Kickstarter!  There are all kinds of add ons lurking in here too.  Thanks Reaper for providing this forum! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie?ref=creator_nav

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Statuesque Miniatures

Ok. We're all set. The Kickstarter launches on Tuesday! It's not a massively long campaign, so tell everyone! Your friends, your family, even your enemies - maybe they just need tiny metal toys in their lives and will forever more be much better people!

You'll be able to grab the full set of miniatures or choose from smaller sets in any combination. There will also be a very limited number of hand-finished (by me) sets just like the miniatures in the photos. The perfect labour-free gift for yourself or someone you love. Awwww.
    • By EvilJames
      Malak breathed the cold air and smiled. This day had been long coming. The journey to the Frozen City had been difficult, wizards of his like had difficulty procuring supplies in the so called civilized lands, even in the rough towns near Felstad. Still, goblins could adapt to any situation and this one was no different. The eclectic band he had managed to scrape together stood with him now on the outskirts of the ancient ruin, ready to stake their claim at the riches that lie within. His first in command was his apprentice Grubb a Weiben goblin from the Reaping lands to the south.
      After him was Murdo an infantrygoblin of the Heartstabber tribe of Impact Crater in the Oldhammer Mountains, and a likely candidate for leadership over the rest should it be required.

Polg and Mog were Manorheim goblins from just north of the Reaping lands and reasonably useful with a bow and axe, respectively.

Gik and Moosh were from a nearby Bighead tribe. While both were foolish creatures, Gik was good with his bow and Moosh was quick with his feet and his dagger.

They were also good with animals. Fearful and mistrusting of dogs they had brought with them giant rat creature they had tamed and named Squeaker.

His final member was a brute of a goblin named Malg from the Thunderbolt Mountains.

Louts and fool’s the lot of them, but competence cost gold, and that was coming soon. Besides if they die, at least he'll be able to buy better help on the next excursion.

Unfortunately, Murdo had been less competent than hoped, dying shortly after impaling the "mouse wizard" on his spear. The Manorhiem goblins suggested calling in a trap expert from their village by the name of Grinner. Hopefully this one will prove more useful.

• Who's Online   47 Members, 4 Anonymous, 327 Guests (See full list)