While Red Box Games is my favorite miniature line the trend is that I just buy the miniatures without painting them. Frankly because they scare me. The detail is smaller than what I'm used to and I'm afraid to screw it up. It's much easier to pick up and paint other miniatures because it doesn't really matter as much if I do screw them up :) But every once in a while I do gather enough courage to pick one up and finish it. 

Like Birgir the dvergr. I painted this for a DnD one shot at the local gaming store. I didn't know if it would be using miniatures (and it didn't) but if it did I wanted to make sure that I had a miniature to represent the premade characters. I'm very pleased with the result even if I didn't get to use him. I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

post-6964-0-34864400-1407702757.jpg

post-6964-0-57096900-1407702759.jpg

post-6964-0-52045000-1407702761.jpg

• Like 16
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This was a fun and easy paint job. He comes with a variety of arms and weapon options so you can customize the figure. (and the extra arms are nice for conversions)

• By Chaoswolf
      I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.

Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.

• By Thrym
      Tor Skullcrusher,
      dwarven tattooed monk
      A Custom Miniature developed on Hero Forge and 3D printed by a friend

WIP

As mentioned in the Work In Progress, this is a character of mine from an existing campaign.  The character has died once and was raised from the dead suffering a drop in his already low Charisma score as a result.  His caved-in skull didn't heal properly and the concussion and time in limbo have left him "off" personality wise.

So, with damaged head and tattoos adorning his arms and the opposite side of his skull, I present the embodiment of his family surname, Tor Skullcrusher. 

These were taken with a single strip light source so I may come back to this and take some more pics with two background lights.

As always, feel free to leave notes and praise as warranted.  

Thanks for looking.

Enjoy and Stay safe.

• By Inarah
      This is a relatively recent paint job and I struggled with colors for a while before taking inspiration from another model and strengthening the contrast in places.  I like the model but she feels very stiff and doll-like.

Or maybe she doesn't like the light in her eyes:

Fiddled around with some freehand on the back:

• By Inarah
      This is Sonya, the Maine Coon fighter from the Cats & Catacombs boxed set.  I received and started painting several of the figures almost exactly one year ago, and then got into a severe funk because of COVID shutdowns.  Recently I was able to pick this up and get back into it. 

Hoping to get to a few of the others this spring.  And the base lettering was done with a waterslide transfer. 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)