Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Kathrine of Charlton, Red Box Games

While Red Box Games is my favorite miniature line the trend is that I just buy the miniatures without painting them. Frankly because they scare me. The detail is smaller than what I'm used to and I'm afraid to screw it up. It's much easier to pick up and paint other miniatures because it doesn't really matter as much if I do screw them up :) But every once in a while I do gather enough courage to pick one up and finish it. 

I painted this one because of the same reason I painted Birgir. I was going to participate in a DnD one shot at the local gaming store. I didn't know if it would be using miniatures (and it didn't) but if it did I wanted to make sure that I had a miniature to represent the premade characters. 

I'm mildly happy with how she turned out. I'm pleased with the armor but I feel that the overall paintjob looks a bit dirty. I wasn't sure what colors to paint her from the start and she suffered a lot of restarts. But she's better than the unpainted version from a few days ago so that's a plus :)

post-6964-0-81455300-1407703321_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-94677900-1407703323_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-07189900-1407703326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patrik Strom
  • Like 21

Armour looks pretty cool, yeah. I like her face too, I think the blacklining around it works, and the eyes look good. She looks like an intent, focused woman, ready to bring some hammer-pain. The green could be a bit smoother I guess, and maybe the boots could use some more work, I dunno? The base is a bit rough too, I think maybe the highlights are a bit too light, it makes it stick out (I guess I would prefer a more subdued base). Most importantly, though, she's on the table looking good! Nice work Patrik!

• Like 1

Armour looks pretty cool, yeah. I like her face too, I think the blacklining around it works, and the eyes look good. She looks like an intent, focused woman, ready to bring some hammer-pain. The green could be a bit smoother I guess, and maybe the boots could use some more work, I dunno? The base is a bit rough too, I think maybe the highlights are a bit too light, it makes it stick out (I guess I would prefer a more subdued base). Most importantly, though, she's on the table looking good! Nice work Patrik!

Yeah, I think you're right. The green and boots are something that does bother me. Also the base didn't end up the way I thought it would. I did think of removing it and just do the normal gravel + grass but in the end I just called it done to move on with other figures instead. I won't be using that mold again though.