Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Last of this month's work. I know said was gonna take a break for the holidays but got bored. So many pirates this month, I wanted to save my blue color for another pirate I was doing, Angelica fairweather since she from the stormchaser's fraction which was blue but decieded she needed it more here.
One of last year's limited release figures that I painted during the summer. She has the right amount of detail, I spent some time trying to do NMM on her armor and weapon. Felt that the pose was a bit dull and static, and her face is odd. Liked how the green part of her cloak came out, not so happy with the yellow, need to practice more,
This week has been a week of experimentation. I tried my first NMM this week and my first attempt at actually shading hair rather than just dry brushing it like I have forever.
I still have free time, so I have been able to keep the production level up. My players will be starting a new adventure soon, and I need a whole new set of monsters. Oh gee, how sad, I have a
bunch of new minis that I "have to paint" (He says to his wife).
The week did not start out well. I was cleaning up the mold lines on this bones centaur (which are not conveniently placed) and I almost cut off his nose. This is not a figure that I was particularly excited about so I just slapped together a paint job and moved on. No fixing that nose. Tried to make the base pretty though.
Just like last week, I painted the bones brigands (one more set to go). These were intended more as practice faces and a little NMM on the guy on the left and the ax. I think it didn't come out too bad. and the faces are characterful. These guys will be the random ruffians/bandits that get thrown on the table now and then.
I had a little success with the face on this one. I also tried to do some shading on the hair. Only after I started did I read that black hair is actually a little tricky to highlight. This was a start.
I planned on NMM here but chickened out and moved on.
Nalani, Dancing girl
Working on skin tones and hair highlights on this one too. The metallics here are so small that I didn't even try NMM. I feel like the highlighting on the hair and the dress came out well.
Nemesra, Dancing girl
This one was an attempt at translucent clothing on the legs.
Townsfolk V Grandmother
The face came out as surprise, but that works for me.
Just a fun figure to paint.
Here is the owl knight from Hit Point Press's Humblewood setting. This one is the best of this week I think and he's also adorable. Big shout out to Wickedshifty who I copied for this mini. They did the NMM that I wanted to try and did it so well that I had to copy it just for practice. The front came out good, but the helmet on the back is not quite right. This has given me some confidence for more experimentation. I will probably look around for a mini that is really shiny to try it out on.
I doubt that I can keep this level of production up as I am trying to push my level of painting up a bit. But I am making a big dent in my pile of mini's. Let's see what happens next week.
Who's Online 23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)