Since I complete my last mounted Noble Oak Guard I needed to find something to paint.

Fortunately, six more figures showed up yesterday, and I started cleaning up the Red Knight.

He's been filed, primed, and I decided that I was going to do something different than I normally do.

I left off the black lining, and started layering in a dark pumpkin mix of dusky flesh, and fire orange.

Then added some brown to make a richer brown undercoat, and painted it onto the figure.

I will gradually add reds to fulfill his name, but this is learning, and playing.  I really like where this

is heading.  So, a new beginning!  And I can make a real base for him on the standing figure :blink:

post-12655-0-40223300-1407866792.jpg

post-12655-0-00866900-1407866793.jpg

post-12655-0-58548200-1407866793.jpg

• Like 13

Looking forward to seeing where this goes Jay!

*grabs some buttered movie popcorn and sits back to enjoy the show*

• Like 1

Today is Wednesday, my schedule says I should have been at the farmers market hours ago.

Sigh....

a certain Red Knight became the priority after this morning coffee.

How can hours evaporate like that !

Oh well, I'll get the mail and then go to the market.

I put several thin layered coats of Splattered Crimson on the Red Knight.

I can still see that brown lurking under the crimson...like that.

I will probably put some green in the folds to get a substantial dark in them.

Like the way this is coming together.

Have to attach sword to hip, and figure out the leather belt...etc.

post-12655-0-50264500-1407944937.jpg

post-12655-0-08383200-1407944938.jpg

• Like 7

Looking further at this sculpt...

"Is it me, or does that mullet on his tabard remind someone of a super-hero symbol"...  ????

Somehow I am not liking its presence, I may just paint right over it, but I'll let it be for right now.

I keep on thinking of the Tele-Tubbies for some reason..!

Think is is just the angle of the photo,if I hold the mini it doesn't irk me... !

Edited by Jasonator

Its a U for Unitarian Universalist man!  he wields the sword of inclusive expressions of spirituality.  In all seriousness I think he is coming along well and you'll proabbly like the symbol better when it is done.  make sure to use nicely thinned green for the shadows.  build it up slowly.

• Like 2

The basing color choice was excellent; how it's shaping up for the red and silver is marvelous!

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 1

Its a U for Unitarian Universalist man!  he wields the sword of inclusive expressions of spirituality.  In all seriousness I think he is coming along well and you'll proabbly like the symbol better when it is done.  make sure to use nicely thinned green for the shadows.  build it up slowly.

ROFL... I should have known.

My wedding ceremony was conducted by the Rev. Dr. Clifford Vessi, a Unitarian Minister in 1974 !

Excellent advice DF, I will certainly follow it also.

I find it amazing that I really am drawn to this ultra small mini's.

After all those years working in computer software, to see results in something so small

really curls my toes !

Thanks for your input and encouragement, and I can't wait to see your latest project take off !

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

Based on the moon symbol Jay, and the red coloring this has to be a Russian Knight!  Poor guy looks like he is getting beaten on by your mounted elf knights as he holds his shield up to protect his head!  :down:  poor misunderstood Ivan.

Edited by robinh
  • Like 2

Based on the moon symbol Jay, and the red coloring this has to be a Russian Knight!  Poor guy looks like he is getting beaten on by your mounted elf knights as he holds his shield up to protect his head!  :down:  poor misunderstood Ivan.

The best part is yet to come robinh;

He is Wielding a Broad Sword, in a two handed grip !

I can't wait to add that to the miniature. 

Just have to do all the other work to get him to that point !

I'm having a blast doing this miniature though.

• Like 1

Put in deeper shadows, and raised the red values..

Got a little pop and sizzle in that last bit of modification.

Really am liking this now.

post-12655-0-03190400-1408027602.jpg

post-12655-0-72116200-1408027602_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-39339500-1408027603_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice shadows! Especially on his back.  really cool.  you should fix the spill over on the front of his skirt. 

Spill Over ??  Not too sure what you mean DF.. ?

Ahhh... figured it out... Too Funny...

I read skirt and confused it with the norwegian word for SHIRT !

Yeah, that black on the front split on left needs a touch up !

Thank you

Edited by Jasonator