Generic Fighter

Stuff for GenCon Events(D&D Minis)

So, GenCon is upon us once more and I'm going. As usual, I have been asked to Repaint a few D&D Minis for DDM Guild  events there. So, I present my PlastiCrack Prize Support!

GoldDragon01_zps5b65c078.jpg

GoldDragon02_zps70904ff9.jpg

A fairly simple Repaint of the Large Gold Dragon. Was the first done so it got a bit of dust on it. I have cleaned that up now.

HornedDevil03_zpsd2b68dba.jpg

HornedDevil02_zps51ecbfac.jpg

The Horned Devil was originally a dull Gray and black. I've fixed that! Also, added a bit of Freehand work making Tattoos on his Wings and Tail.

Gorgon01_zps1293e33e.jpg

Gorgon02_zps4a063b73.jpg

The Gorgon was completely Steel colored for the stock paint job. I changed that quickly! Used Gamma Shielding Gold and Some steel colored paint for the metals and did a light wash of brown.

Standardbearer01_zpsa32f78b7.jpg

The Standardbearer had one color of armor, dark steel originally. I could see several Details that were not accented well. I improved that. I did have trouble taking pics of some of those details due to the pose. My Camera want to focus on the sword or the flag when I wanted it to focus on the face or Chestplate. In the end I barely got three pictures to come out good.

FleshGolem01_zps00945897.jpg

FleshGolem04_zps4a7db579.jpg

FleshGolem06_zps649954ba.jpg

And the Masterwork! The Berserk Flesh Golem was one of those D&D Minis that didn't look like the average Pre-Painted hordes. Or it would with a Decent Paint Job:P There are a LOT of Details on this sucker! And he looks so much better than before!! I had to get a bit of help with this one, though. I was having trouble with Washes due to this things wealth of details and the fact that I had not used a Blue wash on a non-blue background before. The Owner of my FLGS, Gatehouse Games, kindly vollunteered to give me some lessons after I nearly ruined this guy the first time with that Blue Wash! Tim Gatehouse demonstrated the technique on the Pants and Left Arm, then I finished the rest. Thanks to Tim's help, I got done in time.

GF

• Like 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      I painted an eyebeast for the D&D Painting class I was teaching One of the techniques we were working on was blending so I wanted to make sure that I chose colors that the techniques would show well hence the bright green and pink. The class was fun and everyone's eyebeasts turned out great!

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By TripleH
      Looking for suggestion on which of the Bones dragons would be a decent match for the Pathfinder Cloud Dragon for use in the next book of the Giantslayer campaign that I'm currently running. I have maybe a month or two before they encounter this bad beast.  He is considered an Adult dragon, size: Huge.

• By Mckenna35
      Finally finished something for myself - woohoo! One of the set of Rocky baby dragons from Bones IV.  Went with a red scheme on this one.  Not going to win any awards with all the mold lines I missed!  Was supposed to be a quick speed paint, and yeah, that didn't happen.  Anyway, though he turned out pretty good, although the pictures don't show the highlights on the red.  Tried three different set-ups and still looks flat here.    Ah well.

• By Cygnwulf
      So my favorite inlaw and I were talking  Saturday morning, and she mentioned to me that she really wants me to paint her a dragon.  One thing lead to another and before you knew it, she was picking Blighfang out of the bones catalog.

She then asked if it would be possible to base the colors on a favorite tea set, to which I really agreed because it's a little unusual

I made a quick mock up that got the approval

It didn't take me long to get to the store and pick up a dragon.w
      Last night I sat down and did the assembly.  There were a few gaps but nothing major. 
      Today I had about an hour to play with it, so I spent it using some Stynlrez to prime and sketch in my colors.

Still really rough, and not really the blue-black I want to end up with, this is mostly a color sketch done really fast work the airbrush so I have something to start with. Pretty much everything from here will be brush work.  I'm a little on the fence about the yellow in the membranes, though I really like it on the belly. 

• Who's Online   40 Members, 5 Anonymous, 229 Guests (See full list)