Death of a paint brush

72moonglum

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I use Rosemary's now all due to Aard. I love mine and may be buying a few more soon...

And do you buy them directly from the company?

I'm going to be ordering some hopefully tonight and will probably be ordering six or seven to make the postage worth it.

Edited by 72moonglum

Yes, I use Rosemary's now all due to Aard. I love mine and may be buying a few more soon...

And do you buy them directly from the company?

I'm going to be ordering some hopefully tonight and will probably be ordering six or seven to make the postage worth it.

Yes I did order direct. I ordered quite a few different ones to see what I liked best. Thankfully, the others I don't use for miniatures painting have gotten use in other pursuits so it wasn't a waste for me to get different ones. For mini painting, I use their series 33 size 0 for nearly everything. I've gotten quite a few figures done with this brush and once wet, it holds its point quite well still. I haven't even needed to use my masters brush soap on it yet.

I was looking on their web site and was actually going to get a variety of sizes, 1, 2, 3, and 4's. I was looking at their measurements and with the millimeters listed, it looked like the one that was closest to the Winsor and Newton series7 number 2 that I'm using is probably the 3.

More dilemma.....

Edited by 72moonglum

Pretty much everything Fish'n'Jeeps said applies to me.  Except that I bought a 1, 0 and 2/0 for myself and my hubby.  So far not a bad brush in the bunch!  Oh, and they even included a little chocolate square as a thank you.  ^_^

I didn't get any chocolates!!!! :down:

goes off to order more brushes for chocolate..... :devil:

• Like 1

Willen did a comparison thread as well, but they were not Rosemary's. I think they were winsors, davincis and something else............................. very insightful. 

Escoda. I know I posted pics comparing the Raphaels' as well, which are my choice right now. Unfortunately, it was not a topic I started, or I can't find it, so... anybody more savvy of forum searching?

I can fish out the pics from my G+ account anyway if needed.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried R&C spotters, the series 323? I prefer the shorter hair of spotters, my favorite right now is the W&N S7 Miniature #3.

I ordered a few sizes of the 323 a few years back and I found them to be really bad compared to the S7 Minis. I was surprised considering all the rave reviews I've been reading about their Series 33. I would love to give them a try again but I'm concerned I'd get the same quality as before.