• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I just finished the Colossal Skeleton that I've had for a couple years now.  For the longest time I was holding off because I was afraid of doing a mini so much bigger than all the rest.  I've gotten some nice reviews on some of my recent stuff so I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at my first large figure.  I have several sets much larger than even this guy so I had to start somewhere.  The closeup pics show how much work I did on the fur for the back lioncloth as well as the wood grain lines I painted on the planks on his right thigh.  I based him on a wooden plaque my mom was getting rid of that I painted black.  I was doing more work on the base, it was supposed to have some more colours in it but I messed up on the drybrushing so I called it finished and hid the mistake with some static grass .  So far one friend has told me the blue rags pull him out of the mini because they look too new and blue while the rest of him is old and rotted.  Maybe he could do with some more staining on the blue but it doesn't bother me much.  Anyways, enough preamble, I hope you all like him enough as my first large mini!

Edit: forgot to apologize for the make-believe "lightbox" photos, but that's how it goes.

• By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By Loim
      Finished this guy up.

• By Iridil
      Here are a trio I painted up quickly for the same encounter as the smaller ones - result is a bit cartoony but serviceable. I think I got the eyes on the purple one to look nice and insecty though - used red with a pale green metallic thinned down over it.

• By pinkymadigan
      Hey, don't normally do WIPs, so forgive me if I skip steps, but I started working on my gazebo from Bones 4.

Built up a cork base and mounted on some basswood (slightly harder than balsa):

I'm going to be using this as blocking terrain in Kings of War, so I don't really need any interior functionality.

I got a Rivendell vibe from this, so I'm going to load it up with some greenery. First step is covering the rock parts with a gritty paste:

Just left the steps exposed and some edges.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)