CAV SO: Upcoming CAVs Preview

CAVBOSS

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

The Cataphract pic is from the actual stl that went to print for the master. The others are newer ones we are now doing in ZBrush. These are articulated so we can adjust when its time to "print" them out. We will pose them better for final production, but with plastic its is very easy to change a leg around to whatever pose you wish.

• Like 1

Awesome Wife really likes the Cataphract and the Reaper.  She wants me to do some mods even.

I think I just got concurrence from SWMBO to buy in for the KS.

If you made similar comments about some sandals and a pair of red flats she would totally go shoe shopping.... <_<

The Razorback I think I would lower the launchers so they looked more like arms rather than where they are half covering the cockpit

Given the large gears under them, I took it that this is a raised/attack position that could also be used as a shield for the cock pit. I would assume that they can be lowered.

I haven't got through the previous rulebook, but are there any sword wielding mèche or close combat rules with weapons?

CC was always a bit more abstract in CAV. A unit had a close assault score, per se, that represented melee and blazing away at short range with auto shotguns and such. The scores were compared and some rolling was done and you had your results.

CAV isn't rock em sock em robots.  Close combat was typically between armored infantry and CAV/vehicles.  The CAV had antipersonnel weapons, like machine guns.  The Infantry had demolition charges, heavy weapons, etc.  Models had either Soft or Hard designations, and weapons typically had a major bonus to hit one or the other (Piercing/Shredder) and limited RAV, so a specific weapon system was designed to target one or the other type of target.