Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV SO: Upcoming CAVs Preview

I'm happy because (1) my Terran force will have to change only a little and (2) Simba is in Terran (my son will be totally jealous).

edit: Happy dance continues as I just realized that we get the Nightshade too.  So Terran gets my two favorite CAVs of the Taln additions!  Yaaaaay!

Ooooohhh that Raijin is pretty neat! I know I will go in for some CAV in the kick starter, but not sure how much. That Raijin is pretty awesome though

You'll love Terran then as there are a lot of CAVs with that styling: 

Ronin:

07087_G.jpg

Katana:

IG_1777_1.jpg

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 1

I like that these CAVs are being designated by faction - ...

So thanks for making it simple, Boss!

RACH should be pure Koda Works.  They are the sole military manufacturer for the Rach Empire.

-- Ive touched on this note before but I will use this to define it a little more (prepare for the fireworks to follow!)...

The UCORs are gone (at least in the sense that they were before). We want to focus on six factions instead of ten plus. *snip*

You can still field a Koda Works security team if you wish, but that falls under the same category as mercs, pirates, etc when building a team. 

Why would there be any fireworks about this? This is exactly how faction lists have worked since there's been faction lists in CAV.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think there would have been fireworks if suddenly you started saying that pre-existing CAV were going to be suddenly made by another UCOR.  Having some newer additions, like the Talon Games mech coming from a different manufacturer makes sense.  If there were sudden changes, like oh, btw, the Dictators are now made by Haemmer, that might get people's knickers in a twist, because that just throws out all the history and is a change for the sake of change.

All the UCOR remain affiliated to their Factions of history.

I like the new designs.  I know the kickstarter is all about Bones, but will any of the new designs be in metal as well?

-- It is my intention that any new figure we do will also have a metal version available. Metal molds are easy to do, its the metal that has gone haywire price wise. After the KS I will be sitting down with the web guys and getting the online store cleaned up, etc.

• Like 3

I think there would have been fireworks if suddenly you started saying that pre-existing CAV were going to be suddenly made by another UCOR.  Having some newer additions, like the Talon Games mech coming from a different manufacturer makes sense.  If there were sudden changes, like oh, btw, the Dictators are now made by Haemmer, that might get people's knickers in a twist, because that just throws out all the history and is a change for the sake of change.

A convenient way to accommodate the shift in focus is to indicate a passage of time and give a brief geopolitical history of how things went from the way they were to the way they are now.  It is perfectly feasible for corporations to trade/sell/steal designs and having the different racial factions push the corporate factions into the background could be easily explained by the "current political climate".  As the next major galactic war heats up the focus goes to the major players in that war.  Unless one of those corporate powers wants to make some kind of a major territorial power play, which makes no logical sense.  Any other faction that might want to "liberate" or "conquer" would be very unlikely to have the kind of financial backing required to wage war on the required scale and thus will always fall into the "other guys" category.

A convenient way to accommodate the shift in focus is to indicate a passage of time and give a brief geopolitical history of how things went from the way they were to the way they are now.  It is perfectly feasible for corporations to trade/sell/steal designs and having the different racial factions push the corporate factions into the background could be easily explained by the "current political climate".  As the next major galactic war heats up the focus goes to the major players in that war.  Unless one of those corporate powers wants to make some kind of a major territorial power play, which makes no logical sense.  Any other faction that might want to "liberate" or "conquer" would be very unlikely to have the kind of financial backing required to wage war on the required scale and thus will always fall into the "other guys" category.

This is where all the Retcon is happening, since CAV2 pretty much did this already when it moved to Factions instead of UCOR.

• Like 1

Yeah, we could have our own Word of Blake jihad too...

Or we could not...grumblegrumbleminoreventupscaledtogoofyproportionstopushclixgrumble

No, I'm not still bitter, why do you ask?

• Like 1

Really, "UCORS" can be brought back pretty trivially, for a given faction just use only CAVs from a given UCOR of said faction and thus of course faction rules apply. So you can still play a UCOR force, but its mostly a fluff thing with no rules impact. 

Really, "UCORS" can be brought back pretty trivially, for a given faction just use only CAVs from a given UCOR of said faction and thus of course faction rules apply. So you can still play a UCOR force, but its mostly a fluff thing with no rules impact. 

Oh, you mean like in a previous version of the game. UCORS have never really had any direct impact on the game other than models from the same company typically shared a similar(ish) degradation pattern in their stats. (At least it appeared that way in 2nd Ed.)

I think the confusion comes from what I attempted to make people realize what I said/meant...

You could always play as a UCOR and you still can...but there is no UCORs now. They are simply very large manufacturers within their respective star-nation. Still very powerful but not "nations" themselves.

• Like 1