Sign in to follow this  
naponatom

3197: Thelgar Halfblood, Half Orc Barbarian

Orc skin color is as hotly debated as the pronunciation of 'drow like cow' or 'drow like crow'.

You've executed a clean, tabletop paint job that should make your son happy... Provided the character lives!!

• Like 3

I have been eyeing this mini and you made it look greT. Well done.

• Like 1

One question, why is the base tilted, is the mini not centered out of the box?

• Like 1

One question, why is the base tilted, is the mini not centered out of the box?

Looks like he has poster tack under it and it was attached for painting probably forgot to take it off for pics

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Librarian, a pleasantly sinister and unassuming character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Neil Gaiman.

Comments et alia welcome, natch. WIP thread here.

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Nobleman, another nice and eccentric steampunk character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Beau Brummell.

Comments, etc. welcome. WIP thread here.

This is all paint:

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Mechanist, a nice little character for the more open-minded steampunk campaign. The quote in the title of the thread is from Gail Carriger, author of the "Soulless" steampunk series.

I actually finished him around Christmas, but I never put up the Show Off thread. So here he is. Questions, critiques and comments welcome. WIP thread here.

• By Brianuk
      Have painted up some half orcs. They are from Mark Copplestone, who made them for Grenadier Games many years ago. They are still in print from 2 or 3 different small sellers. 
      I used Vallejo leather brown Air primer (with a brush though) and Army Painter Strong tone. This covered the whole mini and made the process of highlighting and building up the base coats much quicker.

• By Arc 724
      Half Orc Merchant
      Painted by: Arc 724 Sculpted by: Bobby Jackson __________________________________________________
      Title: The Merchant of Backwater
      This piece was one of particular interest for me. I remember the first time I saw it I just had to paint it. It seemed so odd but had so much personality.

The very last picture: The last picture is of the bottom the base. I used this wood chip from a woodcrafters store. I'm fairly certain my grandfather - who lived in Tulsa OK until his death - went to this store all the time. He was Sales me by Trade and a craftsmen by... other trade. I thought it fitting to use this chip on the Half Orc Merchant. 

Thank you all for the support. I have procrastinated photographing this for various reasons but he is finally done. Hope you enjoy. 

Work-In-Progress

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)