Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

Preview CAV:SO AEC Dropship Baron-Class

Here is a look at the Baron-Class Dropship in use by the AEC. I set a Kraken down in the corner to give you approximate scale of this craft. WE figured last night in scale it would be around 24-30" long (and no we are not going to make it in scale!). Anyway I hope you like it!

BARON.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: The Dropship is not part of the KS and is an file that is being used for art in the rulebook.

• Like 6

Wow! just wow! That would awesome made in hollow parts similar to blow molding... Then you could even fit the pieces inside.

Wow! just wow! That would awesome made in hollow parts similar to blow molding... Then you could even fit the pieces inside.

Carry your whole army to ReaperCon contained inside!

• Like 1

Ooo... But if you made it, say... Kraken (squid-kraken, I mean) - length... or like, dragon-sized...

then I could use it as a small 28mm shuttle! That would be awesome! (and look pretty cool on the table with giant robots!)

• Like 2

I thought it looked odd, then realized the little triangles up front are windows, and it's HUGE. If anything I think the windows need to be slightly bigger to convey the right scale, and the armour plates just under the windows should harmonise with them in terms of angle, to suggest a shared structure beneath. As it is the windows look a little bit of an afterthought.

This one is a work in progress and is mainly being worked on as we need it for some artwork in the rule book. The windows in front are being worked on, the sculptor was having a problem grasping the size, hence why I threw the Kraken in there for him to better understand as well.

I would say it is a flying brick. Transports generally don't get to be pretty ;-)

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure that dropship needs to be made to scale. People would only need one of them, 2 at most. Land on one of the board, let people out, take off. It could even be a storage case made from hard plastic like the micromachines used back in the 90's. C'mon Cavboss you know you want this to happen. ;)

• Like 2