BuzzardB

77047: Goldar, Male Barbarian

Hello everyone, just continuing my run of muscly men...for some reason.

This time I tried to do a lot more, thinner layers than I am accustom too and I think it turned out nicely.

I also tried to do a bit of NMM with more effort than the fleeting whimsy I did last time.

Certainly something I need more practice at.

1SRGHcR.jpg

• Like 22

Fantastic control, magnificent balance, Great Nmm...

and I am sorry to say.. It doesn't move me.

Its too washed out.  I want fight, I want contrast..I want it to sing to me that it is a barbarian !

I feel I am looking at a brute, that has learned to dance Ballet !

Not to be offensive.. great technique.. really.

You have great skill..

Jay

• Like 1

Thanks man, no offense taken.

I just went out and bought a new 150w equivalent daylight CFL bulb for my lamp, so I think it may have been a bit to close to him for the picture.

Hes a bit more dark and menacing in person.

• Like 1

SO is touching things up in photoshop to make up for poor photography skills cheating around here?

For some reason I never think of doing that before I post my photos on here.

I lowered the brightness and bumped up the contrast a bit and this seems much closer to what he looks like in person.

yAVORVe.jpg

• Like 5

You know, in the first set of pics he looked like the Engineers from Prometheus.  I liked that since it was different.  He still looks good with the more accurate photos. The face tattoos really help give him some character and liven up the large extent of "blank" flesh.  I like the sharp progression of shades on the ax. 

Tell us about the base.

• Like 1

Much Much Better !

As the master of really garbage photographs (its never a cheat to give us a better photo).

Like the contrasts now, and the colors look much better.

Thanks for sharing a great piece of work !

and That base is stunning !

Most of us use photoshop/GIMP/Other free program to adjust the white balance so it isn't "cheating" especially if you aren't doing something for a contest (some contests have very specific rules).

Anyhow, good job on Goldar, one of my favs from the Bones haul.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

You know, in the first set of pics he looked like the Engineers from Prometheus.  I liked that since it was different.  He still looks good with the more accurate photos. The face tattoos really help give him some character and liven up the large extent of "blank" flesh.  I like the sharp progression of shades on the ax. 

Tell us about the base.

Much Much Better !

As the master of really garbage photographs (its never a cheat to give us a better photo).

Like the contrasts now, and the colors look much better.

Thanks for sharing a great piece of work !

and That base is stunning !

Oh wow lol, I don't think I have ever gotten a base compliment before. I consider it one of my weak areas. So thank you for that.

Super simple too.

Standard 25mm round plastic miniature base.

On top of that is a 1/4" thick piece of cork board that I ripped into a "circle"

One of the smaller pieces I ripped off I put on top of that just so it wasn't flat.

Just that day bought my first can of black rustoleum primer from home depot, so I primed it black.

I pretty much only use dollar store craft paints for bases so its drybrushed

Grey, then grey/white 50/50 then white.

Then finally two clumps of dead grass basing material frommmmm Galeforce 9? Thats a thing right?

Most of us use photoshop/GIMP/Other free program to adjust the white balance so it isn't "cheating" especially if you aren't doing something for a contest (some contests have very specific rules).

Anyhow, good job on Goldar, one of my favs from the Bones haul.

Yeah I love almost all the "barbarian" bones minis from the KS, all fun to paint.

• Like 1