ADW 28mm Miniature Sea Monsters, Dungeon Terrain and Big Beasts

So ADW / Dina Andrews Walker has posted a new kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dinaandrewswalker/28mm-miniature-sea-monsters-dungeon-terrain-and-bi

I know the sea bishop is a work in progress but it currently looks like somebody dumped a bowl of pasta on top of a gnome. :)

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes my "Fund so MissMelons can play with puppies all day" kick starter not seem like such a bad idea. @[email protected] I'd at least fulfill with footage of me playing with said puppies.

Don't let them catch you posting here though... they have some very strong opinions about Reaper as a company, and the forum members...             I would just remind you that in the Ice Age

See, this is why I am thinking deliberate rather than inadvertent.   This group has already followed this exact same pattern, in the TV documentary field and possibly elsewhere, for some years alre

These days  I don't pledge for a company's Kickstarters until they deliver on the previous Kickstarter.  So I will hold off on this one until I get the miniatures from Ice Age Mammals in hand and get a first hand look at the final sculpts on that Kickstarter.

• Like 4

These days  I don't pledge for a company's Kickstarters until they deliver on the previous Kickstarter.  So I will hold off on this one until I get the miniatures from Ice Age Mammals in hand and get a first hand look at the final sculpts on that Kickstarter.

I think I will have to wait until I, too, see something more "Fleshed out."

Eh, I'm in for the mushrooms... If the stretch goals are good enough, I'll probably go to the 75$ all-terrain level. But I'm a risk-taker, and I trust my bank... I'll see what happens. Best case, I get my figures, and cheap resin abounds... worst case, I'm out a hundred bucks that I'll get back from the bank.

I have, once again, done a pledge calculator for this KS, though. Here it is, if you want to see what you'll get at each level...

I suppose one could argue the quality of the sculpts captures in spirit the quality of the historical artwork?

Even if I liked the sculpts, I'd be sceptical about the sizes. Her giant sea bishop, for example, does not agree with how I interpret the (German version of) the myth.

I'd possibly be interested in some of the sea monster ideas [not the human-ish ones, but the whale and the serpents]...but I'm extremely hesitant and unwilling to go in at all after seeing their behavior displayed on numerous occasions, as well as the fact they still don't have final sculpts for their first kickstarter *shrug*

and I don't think much of the sculpt WIP photos I've been seeing so far, even the 'nearly complete' ones *shrugs again and wanders off*

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4

Yeah, something really happened with the sculpting quality there. A few of the ones they got up when the Ice Age Mammals was running were decent (the cave lion, that bird thing), but the later ones (updates #93-100 on the Ice Age Mammals) look mostly like blobs of clay to me. Sure, they are WIP's, but this Sea Bishop beast was mentioned as being two hours from completion in update #98. I don't get why they're pushing ahead with another KS at this point.

• Like 4