Sirithiliel

Siri's Guide to Painting Marble

This will be super useful. Thank you Siri I can use this for some bases I envisioned. I want to send my friend a mini she asked me to paint with a super nice base. A marble styled base will fit the character perfectly

• Like 2

I added this and my rust one to that tutorial list thing ^^ DIdn't know about it! Fixed the dead link to the rust tutorial too, I had no idea it wasn't working

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By I'mHere
      First post here. : )

THE FOLLOWING DISCUSSION AND LINK TO IMAGES IS CONCERNING A NUDE AMAZON FEMALE STATUE SCULPT.

If this is something you would like to avoid, please do not continue. If you don't mind, carry on!

https://imgur.com/a/CTFu53W

From Bones 4 I purchased Dance of Death, Blacksting Wyvern and one set of the Amazon Living Statues. Here is my first Living Statue, I aimed for a tan marbled stone look. The miniature has a gloss varnish that really adds to the polished marble feel to it. Pretty happy with the result! The non-damaged statue (2nd of the pair) I'm hoping to try out a dark green marbled stone effect, with lighter green up to white veins.

I think on the back side of the miniature's body I didn't quite keep the angled veins in mind. I turned myself around a bit in my head trying to imagine how veins would look in a 3 dimensional block of stone, haha. I aimed for the full statue to look as if it was carved from the same piece (which would make the sculptor a very impressive person!).

Lots of fun with this model and I like the sculpt a lot. I think the breasts feel a little over-sexualized to my preferences, though I find the buttocks to be more in line with my personal experiences of life. Shrug. : )

BTW do the Living Statues have a Reaper Code yet? I'd like to add this to the aggregate thread but I can't find what the reaper code might be (I assume with them being new additions they might not have them yet?)

• By Citrine
      This figure is the Reaper 3718 Ghostbride in metal.
      I wanted to do some white practice on her, and she is probably my most artsy figure, considering she has a purple base and not some mundane colored ground.  I tried to have her be very white, with the white being on top of different base colors, but at the same time have the purple come up from the base.  Mostly happy with her.  I had planned on having her hair be blond, but the dark hair just popped so nicely against the pale skin.

As a bonus, she did see some game time in our last session as the ghost of a young woman killed by her jealous fiance.  Her father became a vampire to try to bring her back to life.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, it's been some time. It's been hard for me to find some time to paint lately. I'm working on my Cat Critter display base as much as I can, a little every night. So, I thought some of you might like to see part of my progress. Here are part of the statues and "collapsed" pillars that will be decorating the display diorama.

The lions are Reaper Miniatures 77341, sculpted by Geoff Valley. The collapsed pillars are 72591, Wizkids. I cut them to separate the blocs and painted them in white marble colors. There are veins of quartz and gold in the marble. As you can see, I glued the lions tail on their back to make them look more like statues. The lions are mounted on 74012, 25 x 50mm cavalry base.

• By Lyn
      There is a Kickstarter going on until January 7th, 2019 for the English version of the book “The Art of Miniature” by Mohand Art. 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mohandart/the-art-of-the-miniature-miniature-art-tutorial-bo

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I finished up the Obsidian Crypt from Bones 3's Graveyard expansion. Used a fair amount of spray paint on this one, as I found that it didn't interact as badly with the harder Bonesium than it does with the regular stuff. I also used a bit of blue painter's tape to keep various areas protected, and wound up making use of a marbling spray to get the effect I wanted, and I'm pretty happy with it. It worked best on the floor rather than the walls, but I'm satisfied with it overall. I haven't glued any of the walls together, because it makes it easier to use as terrain or display.

I also mounted some magnets in the floor, and glued some nails into the open areas in the walls so that the whole thing stays together better. It was my first real attempt at using magnets in miniatures, and I'm pretty excited about it.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 220 Guests (See full list)