odinsgrandson

Green Warrior with Bastard Sword

Something I never do, and I feel the urge to do right now, is save pics as reference. This is just awesome is some many levels!!!!

I want to paint stubble beards like that. Any pointers?

• Like 2

When I first looked at it I thought I was looking at a picture. This is well done!

EDIT: Wait I am looking at a picture... I mean a picture of a picture.lol

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 7

Wow, he's amazing. Congrats on the 2nd place finish with him, he truly deserved it. Love those DSM figures, such character in so many of them. 

I'm also interested in how you did the stubble.

Magnificent painting !

The balance, the color, the blending..its a Master Piece !

As Willen Said... That is a piece to emulate.. Well Done !

This is one of my favorite DSM minis! I actually made a role playing character based off what this fellow looks like (not your rendition but the mini itself). Great job!

• Like 1

Second place after Marike is kind of like first place, really.

Beautiful paint job. A study in pushing contrast, that's a really awesome way to take things down to black without it looking stark. Masterful, indeed.

Not to mention you getting all showy with green nmm :)

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      Female ranger with a bow from Dark Sword Miniatures.

• By Generic Fighter
      So, It is that time of year again! When the winds of flatulence waft the delecate aromas of nerdfunk into ones nostrils! The Convention season is here! And I won't be going to one! At least not a big one. So no GenCon for me :( But I'm still supporting the DDM Guild events there! So, I'm sharing my WiP pictures here.

The "Thundercorn" as I am calling it, is nearly done. just a bit of touch ups and the base to go.

The Pit Fiend just has the base coats on at this time.

The White Wyrmling has the second layer of shading started.

This is a Scaladar. I think it is supposed to be a robot scorpion that shoots lightning. I have a rather ambitious plan for it though. It has a bunch of cracks in its armor and joints. I'm painting those cracks to look like it has bright crackling lightning inside it! Then I plan to paint the armor a bronze or brass.

GF
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is a picture of the Cat Critter Group. I'm taking a short break and I'll be working on these guys base.
      I will mount them on 2 inches square base and then build a diorama with inserts to display them. The same kind of display I made for the Fox Critter, except I won't be using magnets.
      My plan is to build a ruined castle throne room where nature has regained it rights. This why I can manage to blend the miniatures base in the scenery. Let me know what you think about this idea.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is DSM8028, Miss Bean the Cthulhu Cat Ninja. This six-piece model was sculpted by David Summers for Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms Anthropomorphic Animals line. I glued all the pieces together before painting the model. The different parts are; the body, the tail, the scabbard, the arm that holds the katana and the two wings.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's the penultimate Cat Critter, Brave Sir Robin in its shinny golden armor. This three-piece model was sculpted by Dave Summers for Dark Sword Miniatures, Critter Kingdoms Anthropomorphic Animals line.  I've fixed the tail to the body before painting it, but painted the shield before gluing it to the model.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 4 Anonymous, 190 Guests (See full list)