This is an unaligned 'Skaven Marine' Daemon Prince I did for a friend of mine several years ago. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, I don't have the figure to take better quality. Mashup of the Vermin Lord with the Chaos Marine Prince. The back pack spikey balls are from Plague monks. The pet rat is a Barrow Rat (02544) from Reaper. I really love this model, probably more than my Death Guard Vermin Lord conversion that I kept.

post-7951-0-66798900-1408685563_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-47732200-1408685567_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-36427900-1408685571_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-42918400-1408685575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 12

Cool idea. I do wish the pics were better but the idea is great. I may be biased though, I love giant rats.

I'm sure I'll get the chance to get better pics at some point, he lives in the same town as me after all.  If I do I'll post some better shots.

I don't recognize the giant rat, and I played the Skaven for a good long while. If it is GW it either predates the late 80s or is later than the 2000s.

Finally found it, meant to edit the original post. It's one of the Barrow Rats from Reaper: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/rat/sku-down/02544

• Like 1

I don't recognize the giant rat, and I played the Skaven for a good long while. If it is GW it either predates the late 80s or is later than the 2000s.

Finally found it, meant to edit the original post. It's one of the Barrow Rats from Reaper: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/rat/sku-down/02544

Haha, yeah, you did say Reaper in the original post. I just had GW on the mind for some reason and misread it.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grumpy Gnome
      Awhile back I was inspired by a gamer on the internet who had converted some Goblins into Gnomes. So I decided to try something similar but with my own style. Unsurprisingly, after I did this I found several other folks online had had similar ideas as well. Including JFA of Hagglethorn Hollow fame.

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2019/08/02/the-first-of-the-gnomes/

A bit of greenstuff and a change in the usual colors… presto! Gnomes instead of Goblins.

In hindsight if I was doing this again I think I would use different arms, weapons and shields on the two melee models but otherwise I am pleased with how they came out. Of course they are rather big Gnomes.

The next Gnomes I convert will be from Wargames Atlantic Halfling Militia….

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Brutogg Corpse-Eater, my first finished adventurer from the game Cursed City by Games Workshop.

Had a lot of fun painting this guy, I experimented by giving him grey-hued skin to represent his unhealthy eating habits (he eats zombies) and it worked better than I thought it would.
      Annoyingly though, I had to leave the bits under his coat unpainted (just couldn't get a brush up there), nobody will notice unless they turn him upside down, but it still bothers me that he's technically "Unfinished".

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Evilhalfling
      So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017  I thought he would look really cool without wings.  but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him,  I just don't think I'm ready.  In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
      So this is better.  

This Dragon will be the colors or earth.   Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly. 
      perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows.   The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas. 

So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
      it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner.  He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take. 

but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint... 
      this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am.   I kept waking up with new color ideas. 
      Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.  

The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this. 

• By aku-chan
      I recently acquired the latest of Games Workshops Warhammer Quest games:- The Cursed City.
      I'd actually like to completely paint one of these things for once, and thought a project thread might help!

First, I built everything (Well, maybe everything. Games Workshop continues to be kinda weird about this game, so I'm not sure if it's getting expansions or not):-

And then made a spreadsheet. I can't batch paint, so even simple minis (like the rats and skeletons) I've put in small groups to help maintain momentum.
      I rolled a 5 (actually I rolled a 30 and then a 32, but I know this project is doomed if I start with a rat pile instead of something interesting):- Brutogg Corpse-Eater, unusual Ogre:-

I've made him a simple base (I've been spoilt by all the integral ones I've been dealing with lately), mostly sand with some broken flagstone patches made of putty, and gave him the usual White Primer and Brown Wash undercoat.
      Leaving him to dry overnight.
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)