Boom! Starting with much bolder colors. And thank you for including the link to your WIP, helps compare (and I'm new here ::D:)

So what made you choose stronger hues for the first coat? This is something I lean toward, as well as getting the stark highlights down first on the base. Also, gonna add to the base later?

• Members

I didn't really have any concept of layering and glazing when I first started. As I've gotten more experience I can get a better idea as to what base coat color to use to achieve the look I want. Reptilian green seemed like a good base for yellow green and fluro green

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan S
      This is the 'Great Worm' by Reaper (SKU: 77006) and one of my favourite minis (I love the movie Tremors).   The drool and stringy saliva in the maw were a bit of an experiment, they turned out ok, but I feel I need a little more practice to get it right, thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and advice on drool effects in my 'Slobber, snot and drool' thread a few days ago. 

Overall I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

• By HolkDiggity
      I wanted a traditional Black Pudding, but I didn't want to just paint it black. When I started to think about how to make this stand out, I started to think about the shimmer that oil gets, and I wondered if Black Puddings get that shimmer as well. I looked up some photos, and thought, "I bet I can do this." Like I said in the other thread, I'm planning on putting together a tutorial on getting this effect, so that'll be up soon. This one was fun to paint! I love all the little bits and bobs in the ooze.

• By HolkDiggity
      Just two little blobbies that are the result of killing mama with a slashing weapon. I'm working on typing a step-by-step tutorial on how I did the holographic oil shimmer with just regular paints, so that'll be up in a couple days!

• By planetmut
      I have no idea what this little guy is supposed to be, but he's easily the smallest mini I've painted. Lots of Army Painter Jungle Green, Vallejo Transparent Yellow, Army Painter Green Wash and a bit of white.

The base is made from Liquitex Modelling Paste, which is surprisingly easy to use. Of course I stupidly did the base the day after I painted the mini, so hilarity ensued when I had to match the paints again.

• By viking_hank
      Goremaw, the great purple worm, I made lots of mistakes while painting this mini. I had to go back and correct a lot of over painting. Tried to use Army painter paints, didn’t care for them. Constructive criticism is welcome. Sticking to Reaper paint from now on. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)