Speechless. The scene works beautifully, even if the character on the air's cape does make it seem she is flying backwards, which is contrary to what I would assume from the aggresive, kicking forwards stance...

• Like 1

Nice clean OSL work!  The scene suffers a little from a lack of focus though.  It feels like a technical exercise rather than a story.  Although I really like that the characters engaged in the duel are interacting with each other.  so often you see a scene like this and its just two models standing on the same base.  It is nice to see them doing something.  I think with a little sculpting work it could have made the scene more compelling.  have him grabbing her ankle or look like he is swinging his sword at her or even have one of them striking a blow.  Add drama or some subtle color to draw the eye to a particular spot.  It just lacks that little extra something.  I'm with Willen too, her cape just doesn't work. 

Well deserved recognition on a very well executed piece.  Really good job.

• Like 2

Beautiful color balance...and well played highlighting.

Really Great Painting, thanks for sharing this.

Wow, the OSL is fantastic. The cloak does make for odd story-telling, as Willen pointed out. Maybe the Jedi kicked, and is now being force pushed backwards?

• Like 3

You're SURE that's all paint? You didn't wire up some tiny LEDs in those lightsabers? Very impressive work! I read the green-sabered Jedi as being Force Pushed away by the Sith.

I want to ask for technique tutorials, but the whole piece is so well put-together and so far above my level that I don't even know where to start!

• Like 1

I'd also like to point out these are the best painted lightsabers I've ever seen.

Yeah, some people really DO master painting with actual light, it seems.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      I've been painting up a lot of Starcadia Quest.

It only seems fitting to start out with the Star Wars characters. For most of my Starcadia Quest, I went with a Borderlands style- with lots of black lining against bright colors and even black hard edging to create that Borderlandish look. I plan to convert a few Starcadians into Borderlands characters as well.
      Also, it just seemed right to start out with the Star Wars inspired characters.

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted this one for a friend who is obsessed with the Child from the Mandalorian. It’s a 3D print that I got from a shop on Etsy.

• By Evilhalfling
      Is this encounter a matter of survival or planned by the sorceress.  Her story either way seems... fishy. 

First attempt at a large resin Diorama. 
      It needs the resin sides sanded/buffed with a mechanical sander.  By hand the resin just turns cloudy, so ill will leave it this way until I have access to the proper tool.
      a few additional refinements should be done before I enter it into competition 
      - more work on wave/ripple patterns.
      - change color / wetness of raft. 
      -paint base black. 

I am happy with it as a display piece,  I just need to keep the dust off, a the wave surface will be a headache to clean. 

WIP Thread.

• By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• By SparrowMarie
      So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt. 

I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world. 

I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross. 

I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that.  Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.   
      This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis. 

I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
      First stages of mock up.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)