Another Cry for Help. Ocean Cliff Base

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just fishing on the ocean in an area with a good number of cliff faces falling into the sea (great places to jig for cod, but that's a different matter) A lot of the cliffs rose between ten and twenty feet above the water. So if you want to get the feeling of a real 'cliff' you may want to go as much as twice the figure's height. Honestly though, I wouldn't. Maybe only a couple more layers of cork higher.  I would also think about doing a bit of an overhang over the water where you have it curving back around the cd's center to give the feeling of waves having worn at the rocks over the years.

• Like 2

What TGP said. You can give the impression of more height by having the top of the cliff jutting out, not the bottom. Basically flip what you've got there upside down. I've never tried it on that scale before though. Give it a shot!

• Like 1

Thanks all for your replies very helpful.

Dry fit it together with the lowest layer of cork undercut by the water. See what that looks like.

If you have already glued all that cork, never mind.

Nope not glued. I flipped and shifted some pieces around, created some jutting. It is looking a lot better now, as well as creating a neat little sea cave area. 

I was just fishing on the ocean in an area with a good number of cliff faces falling into the sea (great places to jig for cod, but that's a different matter) A lot of the cliffs rose between ten and twenty feet above the water. So if you want to get the feeling of a real 'cliff' you may want to go as much as twice the figure's height. Honestly though, I wouldn't. Maybe only a couple more layers of cork higher.  I would also think about doing a bit of an overhang over the water where you have it curving back around the cd's center to give the feeling of waves having worn at the rocks over the years.

Ah yes, good points. Thanks

• Like 2