Bushido Death Hamster WIP

Keianna

I am doing a WIP for this one because it is my first experience with resin and these have a few obvious challenges. I also have the Shisa Lionturtle and I really want to nail that one, so this will be sort of a trial run.

So far I have him cleaned up and put together. No big deal there. The arms matched up quite well and only required minor green stuff to fill the gaps. The next part will be the hardest, I think. The master models were printed on a 3D printer. The detail is good and they cast well, but the lines from the layers of the printer showed up really well on the casts. I am thinking that a layer of watered sealer before priming should take care of most of it. Any thoughts? Comments and criticism welcome and appreciated.

post-13074-0-09517800-1409251587_thumb.jpg

post-13074-0-23300600-1409251602.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is some pretty wicked stepping showing on that model.  There is pretty much no way to get rid of that without sanding off the surface texture entirely.  you could try some sealer, might help mitigate it.

Maybe some Liquid Greenstuff?

That is some pretty wicked stepping showing on that model.  There is pretty much no way to get rid of that without sanding off the surface texture entirely.  you could try some sealer, might help mitigate it.

Maybe some Liquid Greenstuff?

I think you would have to recreate the skin texture if you did but maybe if you thinned it enough. Maybe some really liquid milliput? I feel like it would be smoother but its hard to say really.