Evilhalfling's August painting

Mangu Timur

post-12081-0-04545800-1409253014_thumb.jpg

feathered serpent & Faerie Dragon 

post-12081-0-52490700-1407193917_thumb.jpg

Tereziyna, bonepander wizard aka Ms Violet 
post-12081-0-52349400-1407193910.jpg

Damiel, Iconic Alchemit

post-12081-0-49832500-1409253062_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-40531500-1409253071_thumb.jpg

Mr. Bones

post-12081-0-02724600-1408742760_thumb.jpg

Halbarand, cleric - generic sun god symbol (free handed)
post-12081-0-80405600-1409253209_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-74103400-1409253837_thumb.jpg

Seltyiel, iconic magus
post-12081-0-71939300-1409253228_thumb.jpgpost-12081-0-15747100-1409253236_thumb.jpg

and that's everything that would fit in the case: 
Below is all that remains for me to paint in Bones 1:  the rest were sold/traded away. 
Its not my goal to paint them all before Bones 2 comes in, but .....

Comments and criticisms welcome.  I want to get better. 

post-12081-0-89336700-1409253339_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 12

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I finally reached the point where I think I'm done with Mossbeard, the enormous ent from Bones 4. I wanted to go to town on his base, and almost immediately after recieving my package, went out to Michael's and bought some dollhouse/fairy garden deer, frogs, and mushrooms. I also ordered the Bones familiar pack #1 (77176) and some Tiny Terrain trees from Miniature Market. And then, I just didn't do anything with him for over a year. Finally decided to get him done. While assembling him, I decided to make use of his empty chest cavity to install a tea light so his eyes could glow, so I drilled right through his eyes and neck, and filled in the eyes with clear gel medium so the light would come through when illuminated. Used lots of grass tufts, lichen, and cuttings from am IKEA fake plant, and put some fairies I've had for over a decade into the base, too. I also modified the head so he was looking more directly forward, since he was largely looking down in the original. Hope you like him! 

Close Ups & Details of Base

Head Details and Glowing Eyes

WIP photos
    • By Inarah
      This one of the results from the Bones Conversion class at Reapercon 2019.  I used the grave marker off the end of the weapon wielded by the colossal skeleton, carved a bit and repositioned.  The fairy is party of the familiar pack.   Fairly simple mash-up, but makes a nice seasonal piece for display. 

• By Rigel
      It's about that time of year!  Painted a while back, but didn't photograph until recently. 

The Horned Hunter, Bones version. 89033. A magnificent Fey Lord of the Wild Hunt. 

A couple of Eureka Miniatures fantasy-line Fauns that look suitable for the Horned Hunter's henchfey.

The beautiful and insectile Fairy, 14469. Remember, the Fey may LOOK human, but they don't think like people at ALL. 

And her little brother, the Feral Child faerie from Familiars 2, 77196. This guy gives off an air of tiny menace and unpredictability. Maybe he'll trade a shiny apple for a riddle, maybe he'll cut your hamstrings in your sleep. Maybe both!

To avoid an overwhelming tide of photos, other angles are shown below:

• By Ratmaster2000
      So while I was doing the insane Mousling project, I painted up Mr. Bones (along with Garrick AKA Sir Forscale) to test out how the Matte Finish would lay down (I was going to test through an airbrush, but I got short on time, so it just ended up straight from the bottle brush painted, maybe next time haha). This is the finished paint job, though I do not think I had hit it with the Matte yet.
      As always, C&C is appreciated. Overall, I was really happy with how he turned out.

• By Rigel
      Learned from a thread on the Painting subforum that if you have Bones that are tacky from aerosol mishaps, stripping them and repainting will resolve the issue (thanks, @Cicciopiu!) And I had painted a Spirit of the Forest some years back, crappily, and it got horribly sticky and be-crudded. So I gave it a Green Stuff soak, scrubbed the paint off, and repainted it. Also gave a touchup to an old Saproling Warrior (14504), and a tiny tree-dude from the Bones Familiars 2 pack (77196).

Here's the Saproling: 

And here's the tiny wee treant fella:

"And look, behind you without a sound,
      the Woods have come up and are standing round
      In deadly crescent." --W. H. Auden, The Two

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)