• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Painting Miniatures
      For this miniature I wanted a not pure black and red miniature. It's sort of my go to and wanted to change it up a little.

From start to finish I have included images.

I did take more images than these but I wanted to not have a mile long post. Besides ill have a video up soon for this.

Why blue? Because I thought the blue would greatly contrast against my usual colors of black and red. It also posed a challenge on how to do it AND make it look good when finished.

The last photo doesn't do it justice to be fair.
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSRmrapt8f8&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys, me again. This time I am back with a anti paladin I did after a few weeks off to pursue some other things I needed to get done.

I really like how the colors turned out on this one. I was intending for a black suit of armor, but I ended up giving him a sort of Dracula red armor by accident. Only thing I feel i could of done different or improved on was to use less red and more of another color. However I don't have a clue what that other color would of been to be honest.

The photos show the progression, black armor, painted with red. I wanted to give the appearance of black armor caked in the blood of his enemys, while making the cape clearly blood stained on the front where it made sense to be but not on the back. The shield I was aiming for the look of it and the sword being made out of bone but also caked in the well you know I don't need to keep saying it. I feel like the base of the mini could of done with a better paint job but again I wasn't sure the color to use so I went with green grass since I feel like that would make the most sense.

• By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzWwEryYc3Q

So one of my campaign encounters calls for a skeleton playing a violin. I had a few ideas on how I could go about accomplishing this. Modifying a skeleton miniature to hold a violin. Then I found this mini. I really wish they had a version that wasn't metal for this miniature though.

The mini in question is supposed to be the boss of an encounter the players run into which leads into bigger plots later. In short though its supposed to be dripping a black ichor from the eyes to make it scarier and to emphasis the point "this is a powerful enemy" and not just some random skeleton bard.

The actual painting went along the lines of

White base coat, followed by coloring the violin and leather straps brown, the metal armor black, i did a wash of brown followed by a black to give contrasting colors of dirt and mold. I also added a small amount of a lighter blue as a wash to the violin and bow to make it contrast ever so slightly from the rest of the mini and to hopefully give it a sort of magical look. That last part didn't succeed like I had hoped but it was a good lesson in what does and what does not work.

I know the base needs something else to make it pop. This mini isn't "finished" yet for that very reason but im not sure how i want to finish the base of the mini. Probably some dirt. because dirt is always a good choice for a graveyard. I really should change my name to the "painting horror minis channel" because its an unintentional theme.

• By Painting Miniatures
      I decided to paint my kobolds I've been holding onto. I did the paint on them in about 4 hours which is pretty good for 6 miniatures I think!

Also am I allowed to link to a video I made where I painted them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfPTEszqwXg

• By Winterssavant
      I am current sitting with both Cinder and Blightfang Bones "minis", and before I paint it how did everyone else go about priming them?
      I want to do this large mini justice and prep it in the best way possible.   This is the Reaper Bones plastic mini, so I don't want to use an Rattle-Can due to the curing issues.
      Keep in mind that I do not have access an airbrush.

Also after I am done washing the mini in soap and water how else should I go preparing the mini?
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)