Sign in to follow this  
MojoBob

FitzBones — 77084: Townsfolk: Innkeeper

2014-08-29_reaper-barman.jpg

Next up in the series of Useful Potential Innocent Bystanders is this one — 77084:Townsfolk: Innkeeper.

I wanted to make his apron and wash-cloth look disgustingly unhygienic, and I don't know that I've really achieved that, but I'm pretty happy with it nonetheless. The pockets and folds do make it look a bit like he's wearing a happysmileyface.

• Like 20

I'd suggest adding some splashes of blood to the apron - pinky pale to show that it's been washed a lot - and maybe some splashes of "sauce" or "gravy"? Just smears of stuff that may have been spilled... I think this looks gorgeous, though, just a little clean...

• Like 2

He definitely looks grumpy enough for the adventurers to have just brawled in his inn!

Superb, would not eat his ploughmans lunch, excellent shading. He would fit a fantasy version of delicatessen ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I am painting up Reaper's townsfolk jock chick and nerd set for gaming.
      "Chick" first due to request.
      Hair and shoes basecoat

Shoe colour is spectral glow and peacock green 1:1
    • By Lostraven
      Here is my most recent Townsfolk figure from the Bones 4 core set. He is also available in metal (SKU 03859). Two things I tried differently on this one were 1. no under-painting and 2. letting go. I usually apply an coat of German Camouflage Black-Brown over the whole figure to start when working with Bones. I know it has been shown many times that Bones are designed to go from blister to paint but I wanted to check it out for myself. I just went straight to the base colours, shading and highlighting with no issues.

The second was more difficult. This was me telling myself to trust myself and the figure and not overwork the paint. I had to remind myself to pull back when I started thinking, "maybe I should add another blend or work that edge some more..." At first it was a little uncomfortable but after awhile everything sort of fell into place and I am happy with the results.

• By Lostraven
      This figure is available in metal sold as a single figure - Townsfolk: Sage. While I used the same base colours as my other townsfolk, I wanted to give the impression of somewhat fancier clothes. After shading and highlighting, I brightened the cloak and frock with GW inks (Biel-Tan Greeen and Carroburg Crimson respectively).

• By Lostraven
      Here is the Bones 4 version of the metal figure that is found in another townsfolk blister (referenced in tags). I continued to play with texture and also challenged my self to push the contrast.

• By Lostraven
      This is the Bones 4 version of the metal one that is found in a 3-pack of townsfolk figures. I took the opportunity to do some experimentation with rendering texture.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)