Looking for Fluff

Mastergunz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I downloaded the CAV2 rules from here to my e-reader and didn't realize how much fluff is in there! Only like 1/3 of the book is actual rules. Anyway, reading through it now and really enjoying the tongue-in-cheek of the universe after so much seriousness for so many years with battletech, lol. My first love will always be BT but CAV is quickly becoming my mistress. ;-) Oh and I found my JoR 1 and 2 and copy of 'The Big Dance'. I will start going through them in more detail as the KS progresses and I start to force build my Malvernis and Templar armies.

-Gunz

Hey guys, I downloaded the CAV2 rules from here to my e-reader and didn't realize how much fluff is in there! Only like 1/3 of the book is actual rules. Anyway, reading through it now and really enjoying the tongue-in-cheek of the universe after so much seriousness for so many years with battletech, lol. My first love will always be BT but CAV is quickly becoming my mistress. ;-) Oh and I found my JoR 1 and 2 and copy of 'The Big Dance'. I will start going through them in more detail as the KS progresses and I start to force build my Malvernis and Templar armies.

-Gunz

Just wait until you play a game with 12 models per side and finish it in a few hours rather than a whole afternoon. :)

• Like 2

reading through it now and really enjoying the tongue-in-cheek of the universe after so much seriousness for so many years with battletech, lol.

The CAV 2 rule book was supposed to be written as if you were reading a travel guide: Syde's Guide to the Galaxy (which was referenced several times in the original rulebook IIRC). It really came across in some spots; others not so much... And originally there was even an introduction from Syde herself, so it all made sense, but that got left-out of the final version.