CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

I got to ask.

I remember seeing it mentioned that the Bones CAV would be more greyish than the regular Bonesium white figures.

If so, how do they look in person? Does the unpainted detail show up more? Granted, we're not dealing with Klocke buckles level of fine detail.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to ask.

I remember seeing it mentioned that the Bones CAV would be more greyish than the regular Bonesium white figures.

If so, how do they look in person? Does the unpainted detail show up more? Granted, we're not dealing with Klocke buckles level of fine detail.

It is mid dark gray. I feel the detail is a but easier to see as it doesn't have the opacity of the white. It should definately photograph easier than the white.

• Like 3

Gah... should I check all the pieces?! I don't really want to open any bags. *sigh* I guess I'll compare and contrast whats in the bags.

(procrastinating from painting something for some reason; looks like I found an excuse)

EDIT: Nearly gave up 3/4s into the core bag. But ground things out, and verified that each piece could fit into where it was supposed to go, and that there were the correct counts, mirrors, and pegs.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 2

Pffft. Apparently I'm an idiot and somehow didn't lock my pledge in (I really thought I did :wacko: as i received my original Ace bundle). So now I have to wait for the reaper peeps to sort it out. GAaaaaaaaaahh.

• Like 4

Pffft. Apparently I'm an idiot and somehow didn't lock my pledge in (I really thought I did :wacko: as i received my original Ace bundle). So now I have to wait for the reaper peeps to sort it out. GAaaaaaaaaahh.

Sympathy liked.

• Like 2

Ok here's what I'm wondering: Are they intentionally like this, or did something happen to my Thunderbird missile racks/pods?

20160306_231909_resized_zps3zc93bxz.jpg

I can green stuff it up and fix it, but I have the two I bought for myself where all four launchers have the mark, then the one NIB for a friend. Am I bein paranoid?

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1

Ok here's what I'm wondering: Are they intentionally like this, or did something happen to my Thunderbird/Thunderbolt (Honestly I'm abit tired and brain fraed right now)

<snip>

I can green stuff it up and fix it, but I have the two I bought for myself where all four launchers have the mark, then the one NIB for a friend. Am I bein paranoid?

Pulled the first I could find, and its got the same pock mark as yours. I'm suspecting a mold issue, but I'd be guessing as to what it would actually be. One thought was it being a sprue stub, but they all seem too uniform for that. Maybe a cold spot that's too cold, or a blocked vent path.
  • Like 1

Ok here's what I'm wondering: Are they intentionally like this, or did something happen to my Thunderbird/Thunderbolt (Honestly I'm abit tired and brain fraed right now)

<snip>

Pulled the first I could find, and its got the same pock mark as yours. I'm suspecting a mold issue, but I'd be guessing as to what it would actually be. One thought was it being a sprue stub, but they all seem too uniform for that. Maybe a cold spot that's too cold, or a blocked vent path.

From the picture, it look like the injection point for that specific part within the mold. So it leaves that navel type shape. Then you had the plastic flow through the sprues to the other parts.

All plastic injected parts have these "injection navels", but normally are located in areas that are hidden from view.

• Like 2

<snip>

From the picture, it look like the injection point for that specific part within the mold. So it leaves that navel type shape. Then you had the plastic flow through the sprues to the other parts.

All plastic injected parts have these "injection navels", but normally are located in areas that are hidden from view.

Certainly could be. But odd that the mold maker would have picked a very visible front facing surface for that.
  • Like 1

Sorry man.

I was about to complain that my box won't be here until Wednesday, even though it is in a UPS facility just 21 miles away, but yours is way sadder. ::(:

• Like 1