CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any fantasy suggestions / color uses for the paints? And will there be more sets offered? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean... Ignore the goofy names! The red is red. Like, textbook red. Grey-blue is awesome, great for cloaks and that sort of thing. Khaki is great for any fabrics, robes, pants, etc. the purple and green appear to be both just on the cool side of neutral, which is lovely and often hard to find... These are all incredibly useful! I'm getting at least one set, plus any other paint related rewards they might choose to include!

Yep, that's what I'm looking for! I don't have an eye for colors, and like the triad system because I'll buy three shades and two of them will work. 

Is Rach Red too close to Blood Red? Or Malvernian Purple to any of the purples in the purple triad? Unfortunately, colors on a computer don't always reflect on the actual paint, but though I'd ask.

Any fantasy suggestions / color uses for the paints? And will there be more sets offered? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what you mean... Ignore the goofy names! The red is red. Like, textbook red. Grey-blue is awesome, great for cloaks and that sort of thing. Khaki is great for any fabrics, robes, pants, etc. the purple and green appear to be both just on the cool side of neutral, which is lovely and often hard to find... These are all incredibly useful! I'm getting at least one set, plus any other paint related rewards they might choose to include!

Yeah, that's a sweet Prussian (Ritterlich) Blue in the set.  And the price can't be beat for some MSPs!

Also, I hope those who may not be interested in CAV itself realize they can pledge at the $1 Rookie level and then pick up stuff like paint set(s).  That's a win-win situation for everyone.   ^_^

• Like 9

Is Rach Red too close to Blood Red? Or Malvernian Purple to any of the purples in the purple triad? Unfortunately, colors on a computer don't always reflect on the actual paint, but though I'd ask.

As you say, colours are hard to read from a digital swatch, but Blood red is fairly warm. Rach looks more neutral. Can't speak to the purples, as my own are few and varied.

• Like 2

While I'm not into CAV I know it has a devoted following. Heck for me Reaper is Dark Heaven Legends & CAV. The other stuff just supports those two. Hoping there quite a bit of stretch goals opened as I see myself buying some single figs. Espically some of the heavier models. I like the look of them. Always have, just the prices where more then I wanted to spend on a single figure.

Says the person who typically leaves Reapercon with 5+ pounds of melt left. ::P:

IIRC CAV is like Battletech in that even though mechs are faction specific, all nations can conceivably have access to all mechs.

But what we really need are Tigers. I will buy 10 (because that is the max I can get), then I will have my friend pledge and get me 10 more. Seriously.

I would have done that with Rauthuros but I couldn't justify that many of the other demon.

Mmmmm paint. The Mr mentioned he wouldn't mind a couple minis from this kickstarter. I my surprise him and grab a few.

...hundred

Hey, hey.... He got DND 5th edition, tact tiles and dibs in my bones 2 kick starter that he originally had no interest in. If he wants to put in 100$ for cav, then he takes care of that.

Okay, I'm still bitter about him calling dibs on bone Cinder.

• Like 8

Eeeks! I forgot this was launching until last night. I was lucky enough to still get an early bird slot.

I have to say that I'm not a super fan of the mech genre. However, it is Reaper so I have to support. Besides, I might really like it. Just as long as there is good "fluff" in the rule book to go with the rules.

• Like 3