CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

Mmmm paint. Yes, yes that's right. Fund. Fund!!!!!!

At this stage, I'd say your odds of getting the first paint set funded are pretty good. :;):

I even added $9 for it to my own pledge.

Would it be too crazy to wonder if a set of metalics, or even a NMM set might be in the works?

I guess anything's possible, but I don't think Reaper has ever done anything like an NMM set before. (Well, I use the gray-blue triad pretty heavily for steel, but that's not it's stated purpose.)

I'd hazard to guess metallic paints are entirely possible, but I wouldn't want to speculate further.

• Like 3

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOD! This would be the ideal time for Anne to bring back bright gold from pro paints for Cav!!! I'd buy double of that set just for that color alone.

I'm in agreement here! Anne did some magic with clockwork brass. Like to see the same in other metallics.

• Like 3

Mmmm paint. Yes, yes that's right. Fund. Fund!!!!!!

I like that the paint is labeled "Paint Set 01". Perhaps implying there could be others??

Considering both previous bones kickstarters came with two sets of paints, I'd say chances are good if this project reaches enough stretch goals.

• Like 3

Crap.I go away for 4 to 6 months and look what you people do. a CAV kickstart. AWESOME!

Welcome back, Colonel.

Thanks Pingo. It is good to be out in the fresh air, just wish it would warn the heck back up. I am excited to see what up further ahead on the kickstart. Jon is being VERY tight lipped. I ruined two good crowbars and my second best sledge hammer trying to pry info out of him. It is my hope, that we can get all to most of the minis into plastic. 

• Like 4

IIRC, Some backers gave Reaper flak for mentioning another KS in an update. However, once the paints and rules become available, sure, why not an update? The paints are a great price, and we have a Forscale picture so the non-CAV's have an idea what size these mini's are, and how they'll paint up. Personally, I'd like to see a CAV learn to paint kit, so I can get better at painting vehicles!

I would love a LtPK for vehicles!! I have hundreds of Warhammer 'Epic' scale (i.e. 6mm) vehicles and can never seem to get a decent look to them when I paint. Mostly they look flat and very unrealistic and the less said about my attempts at 'camoflage' the better.

• Like 4

I painted a CAV vehicle -- my first -- a couple of weeks ago. My style may or may not be harmonious with it.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56486-24576-cav-ripper-purple-truck-of-rocket-doom/

The WIP thread, if that's any help:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/55784-cav-24576-ripper/

• Like 2

IMHO:  As much as Bones Infantry sound appealing I'm going to have to caution against them.  Bonesium has diffiuclty capturing detail on objects that small.  Purchasing them in metal (with a plastic base) is still at a reasonable cost given how tiny they are.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 3