CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wish I had some idea of the role of tanks and how many I need. Most game kick starters spend a fair amount of time discussing how the miniatures are used in the actual game.

I guess I'll just have to wait for the rules. At least I will have those during the ks instead of waiting until my armies arrive!

• Like 2

How many tank units do I need for my CAV army?

Quite honestly, as many as you want. Assuming no major changes from CAV2 you can mix them in units with your CAVs or create dedicated tank units, whichever you prefer, based on their role (there are some recon and fire support tanks as well). I like to operate them in pairs myself. They tend to be slower than CAVs, except for grav tanks, but are much more resilient than CAVs under fire. They also tend to only have one main attack, so need to team up to successfully put multiple points of damage on their target. They tend to excel at defense and well, to use MMO terms, tank.

• Like 3

Apologies if I missed it: but the white is the ks exclusive color right? If I got the eb wave 3 it'd be that or stock grey?

Yeah, I was joking when I called the white plastic "exclusive" up-thread. It's basically just the prototype color.

As I understand it, anything delivered this fall will be white. Everything else, grey.