CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are waiting to pledge until the last batch of Ace levels open up.

I'm really confused by the pacing they've set for this campaign.

If the previous Ace level has sold out, what are they waiting for?

And where's the rule book?! I know they said this ks is about the models, but for people who don't already play, this is a confusing put-off. Would-be backers need to see what they can do with these things. And for new players, that includes having some time to see a rulebook before making a decision. Similarly, videos of gameplay seem like they would be really useful and enticing. 

Edited by CarlZog
  • Like 1

I think people are waiting to pledge until the last batch of Ace levels open up.

I'm really confused by the pacing they've set for this campaign.

If the previous Ace level has sold out, what are they waiting for?

I think they announced when the next ace level would go live. So I assume they don't want to change the time given they have done this.

• Like 1

Well there are interesting scaling effects for this kind of kickstarter that is raising money for tooling.  

Basically, a bigger audience brings in more money so they can make more molds which then allows them to make the kickstarter a sweeter deal which brings in more people ... and more money for more molds.  Once you get to the point where you get people thinking "I can't afford NOT to back this thing", then the sky is the limit.  Thus a kickstarter aimed at a market of half the size might bring in a fourth of the money or even less.

Combine that with the fact that it isn't easy to use the known demand at the higher metal prices to predict the demand Reaper would see at the price of Bones versions and I think it would be pretty tricky to predict how well any given Kickstarter would do.

Well unless they add a Nightshade as an addon.  Then they'll start raking in the dough, guaranteed.  Hint.  Hint.

• Like 1

I find it... Funny that Bones 1 and 2 could raise millions with no rules at all while so many people wont pledge for stompy robots before they see rules

Don't get me wrong. I, for one, am perfectly happy with the combo of CAV1 and CAV2 rules. And while these models may also appeal to BT and other mech gamers, I think there are a lot of people expecting them to be part of a cohesive game.

In contrast, I think generic fantasy minis probably capture a much wider market of RPGers who already know what they're going to do with the models.

Well unless they add a Nightshade as an addon.  Then they'll start raking in the dough, guaranteed.  Hint.  Hint.

I can neither confirm nor deny the Nightshade at this time.

Although, I probably actually can.  Let's say that there's a Nightshade planned, and see if we can get there before you explode from anticipation...

;)