CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh!  Plant-based CAV army!  DOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIT!!

:lol: Oh wow, can't you just picture it?

This giant robot that's shaped sort of like a tree stomps up in front of you.

It stops.

It looks down at you.

And it says, in a deep voice that rumbles in the earth beneath your feet:

"I. AM. GROOT!"

::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

I was actually thinking about that a while back while watching "The Walking Dead."

Y'see, kudzu is endemic in parts of the American South. Kudzu is a sort of leafy vine that grows like something out of a monster movie. Parts of Georgia, they literally have to have the city crews out there stripping the stuff off buildings in certain parts of town on a near-WEEKLY BASIS, lest it reach the point of unmanageability. Stuff grows FAST and THICK in that climate, is what I'm saying, urban or not.

So... zombies are, first of all, not nimble. Secondly, in the absence of food, they tend to go sessile. They just sit there and don't do anything until food comes within sensory radius. Now, it seems to me that in the South, that would mean a hell of a lot of zombies just sitting down and getting all snarled in the kudzu over the course of a few weeks. Perhaps even having the vines grow into their bodies; we've established they're pretty rotten, after all. The zombies, not the kudzu.

Which means that in the American South, during a Zombie Apocalpse, there could be, theoretically, HUGE masses of kudzu with zombies embedded in it, more or less unable to move, even if humans wandered fairly close.

Now wouldn't THAT be a heckuva thing for our heroes on "Walking Dead" to encounter? A huge, thick, green mass of kudzu, the size of a city block or larger, studded with growling, snarling, hungry zombies who are unable to move? Particularly if there was some sort of objective in there that they had to go fetch?

Although it occurs to me that this discussion has little to do with CAV. Mods, don't spank me!

• Like 8

Also, Fantasy is basically open-source. You can throw some stuff together with some standard tropes, and while it's not original, your campaign blog probably won't violate IP provided you change the names. All sci-fi universes are proprietary. It'd be nice if the owner of one of the pulp sci-fi cosmos', like Asimov's Foundation and Empire or the Human Imperium from Traitor's Moon, would notice this and declare their universe open and collaborative.

Not ... really. There are as many standard tropes in SF as there are in Fantasy.

See also: Traveller.

^_^

• Like 2