CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

@ Cergorach

You have a point about the lack of overlap. My FLGS har a big Magic crowd and few of them play wargames. Im from Denmark myself and the RPG cirkle here is unfortunately rather small. I also think you a right about the value of the core atm.

And dont worry Im very aware of the fact that Im being a bit unreasonable since Im pretty much asking people to throw huge amounts of money at the screen without second thought!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Push harder!

Use your head!

No paying in favors!

;-)

@Titus: I'm from the Netherlands, I doubt we have many if any CAV players, a handful of BT players, and Reaper minis are quite rare. Didn't you guys have Drager og Dæmoner as your national RPG? I'm ordering a ton of CAV and suspect that I'll end up with ~€2,75/CAV (€1,35/vehicle) inc. shipping & VAT/import fees, which is a pretty good deal imho over here. On the other hand I'll probably have enough CAV to last me a live time (and then some)...

If there was a larger group of robot playing enthusiasts around my area I'd see myself pledging, unfortunately or fortunately in my area, it's mostly warhammer, magic the gathering, vanguard, pathfinder, or dungeons and dragons. I'm part of the only public traveller game and that seems to be dying off in favor of dungeon and dragons.

I'll probably throw in a few dollars later on for a mech or two, but not a core set. Unlike, pledge levels in bones 1 and 2 where I know the miniatures will have a ton of use.

• Like 1

I mean, $100 will get you all the mechs you need to field 2-4 decent forces of 10mm sci-fi in most rule systems, or enough in BT to die of old age resolving the first turn.

(Tea all over keyboard.)

• Like 12

I think another reason more gamers are looking at this as opposed to collectors is a lack of unique models. For those of us who are gamers, we can see a value in having duplicates of the same but the collector might be saying, "meh, why do I need four of each?".

• Like 2

"meh, why do I need four of each?"

You need 40 for that Halberd battalion with command lance... ;-)

I mean, $100 will get you all the mechs you need to field 2-4 decent forces of 10mm sci-fi in most rule systems, or enough in BT to die of old age resolving the first turn.

That's because you keep playing with geezers! Besides their decreased reflexes, they need more time reaching over those beer bellies and the end is nearer for them ;-)

• Like 3

Can anyone point me to some great (hopefully cheap!) n scale terrain? Did some searching but all I can find are train stations and log cabins! XD

On the other hand if I ever do a CAV battle taking place in Twin Peaks I would be all set...

• Like 1

Can anyone point me to some great (hopefully cheap!) n scale terrain? Did some searching but all I can find are train stations and log cabins! XD

On the other hand if I ever do a CAV battle taking place in Twin Peaks I would be all set...

I just started a thread on this:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/56882-considering-n-scale-10-mm-terrain-and-buildings-for-cav/

I have seen what looks like some interesting cardstock skyscrapers from a game called Dropzone Commander, and also some big downloadable printable PDFs from somewhere for making one's own. I'm hoping more experienced modelers can give useful advice.

• Like 2

Sally 4th does some. My old knowledge seems out of date, but I will do some searching since I can't bleeding well sleep.

Okay, there's a lot more stuff in nominal 6mm scale, since Battletech is nominal 6mm scale, but for very, very many of these that's irrelevant.

Have a look at Armorcast, 1/285th scale buildings. Plenty of them are only nominally 1/285th scale.

HovelsLtd, UK, does some modern era hangars in 6mm scale. Again, those would work fine for 10mm.

Miniature Worldmaker does some scenery in 6mm, some of it would be fine for 10mm, but not necessarily all of it, discretion is advised.

Secondcity games has 6mm stuff, several of the scifi greebly bits would be fine for 10mm, or pretty much any scale, really.

Antenociti's Workshop does some scifi concrete barricades and terrain bits that are intended for 28mm but would be fine in 10mm.

Scotia-grendel, if you go to 28mm scifi scenics and click through to about page 4, have a system of turrets, command centres, and landing pads, that are intended for old 25mm scale so are really quite small by modern standards; a lot of them would work perfectly for 10mm, the doors go from being impractically small to being sized for delivery vehicles. Some of the bigger weapons turrets might look gimpy at 10mm but a lot of the others would look good.

/peeks into thread

I hope we get more paint. ^_^

That's what I'm hoping. Some metallic would be nice. :P

Some of Annes beautiful Pro Paint Bright Gold would be perrrrrrrrffect for Cav. hint hint, nudge nudge nudge nudge nudge, poke poke poke!!!

-throws money at screen in support of metallic paints-

This nicely sums up my opinions exactly. ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

All of the above have me in for more. And non CAV people as well I assume. I'm even considering adding some CAV. Edited by Harrek
  • Like 1

"meh, why do I need four of each?"

You need 40 for that Halberd battalion with command lance... ;-)

That's because you keep playing with geezers!

How do you define geezers?

Try Walters!

https://www.walthers.com