CAV: STRIKE OPERATIONS Kickstarter

CAVBOSS

I'm not a CAV player at all and can't even remotely see when I would be. So staying out of this KS is easy for me. Perhaps something might come along to make it interesting for a fantasy player. But I'm not expecting that given it is a CAV KS! And it's great you are getting the attention you deserve!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

Will there be a price list for the individual models in Core?  That way people can increase pledges for those add-ons.

The T-bird is $5, but it is one of the bigger CAV.  What is the price range?

-- Yes in the Pledge Manager they should be listed at some point. I know there are 4 $5 ones and 4 $4 ones, based mainly on size.

• Like 1

I'm not a CAV player either, but I jumped in at the $1 pledge level and plan to pick up a few stompy robots i like the looks of and maybe a ship if one comes out, just for hte change of painting something mechanical instead of natural  ^_^ 

i put in my limit already though  :;): and I'll deduct near the end if I dont' use it all

• Like 2

Inks often reactivate when you paint over them. But I could do the same with an acrylic wash. (One of the Liner colors is traditional with Bones figures.) But I still prefer gray to white.

Yeah, my next step is to try painting over the ink. I could probably use a alter sealer on them too. Or just start with gray liner.

I'm not a CAV player either, but I jumped in at the $1 pledge level and plan to pick up a few stompy robots i like the looks of and maybe a ship if one comes out, just for hte change of painting something mechanical instead of natural ^_^

i put in my limit already though :;): and I'll deduct near the end if I dont' use it all

Hoping for some new paint perhaps. That would get me in. But otherwise hard for me to do so.

• Like 2

I really want to see pics of the new scaled CAVs compared to the old scale and/or Battletech minis. I have many of the original Rogue Legion Mechs in the old scale and I just want to know how much they shrunk. 1"hex bases are really small, that kinda has me worried.

I am very happy this has already been funded.  I was worried as a long time CAV player.   Thanks to everyone on this.

Looking at the strech goals is the Emperor at $44k the original one or the one you showed you were going to redo.  I hope the Original because the Original in my opinion is the best looking Mech mini ever!

• Like 1

• Reaper User

I really want to see pics of the new scaled CAVs compared to the old scale and/or Battletech minis. I have many of the original Rogue Legion Mechs in the old scale and I just want to know how much they shrunk. 1"hex bases are really small, that kinda has me worried.

-- There is no change in size of the old RL stuff. Those were already scaled to what we are using now. The plastic one will be the same size as the metal if that helps you.

The 1" ones work fine. The plastic figs will all have their bases sized to fit right in and we have seen no problems when playing. Plus they now fit on the BT hex map sheets for those who use them.

• Like 4

• Reaper User

I am very happy this has already been funded.  I was worried as a long time CAV player.   Thanks to everyone on this.

Looking at the strech goals is the Emperor at $44k the original one or the one you showed you were going to redo.  I hope the Original because the Original in my opinion is the best looking Mech mini ever!

The Emp is the original. The redo one became the KDM Cataphract. The Emp in plastic will be sized down a little to match better with the other figs.

• Like 1

I'm stoked about the Thunderbird!  I'm hoping the Starhawk VI makes it into the mix though.  That model is my first CAV and will forever be my favorite!  

I'm also looking forward to seeing some air support!